Difficulty: 4/10

Plugins needed:

Seismograph

Optional Plugins:

Sharpen

Water Reflection

Planet Kosmos (the font I used)

Outline Object

This is my first tutorial so please bear with me. My first few post on the forum have been noobish, so this is kinda my way of redeeming myself šŸ˜‰

Hello! Today Iā€™ll be showing you how transform a person intoā€¦ THIS!

Ā 

Ā 

Start off with your photo, Iā€™ll be using this:

You can sharpen it or something, for good measure. BoltBaitā€™s plugin works well. Just make it look good. This technuiqeworks to background around the image transparent. It doesnā€™t have to be exact. I used. Hereā€™s what mine looked like.

Now for the fun part. Use the magic wand to select the transparent part, then invert the selection (Cntrl + I). Use the effect Seismograph and deleselect ā€œuse colors from the source image.ā€ Play with the options till it looks good. Hereā€™s what mine looked like:

If you want to make the lines a different color, use Sepia (or Sepia 2 if you have it). Then, use Hue/Saturation to get a good color. Hereā€™s what mine looked like now:

Then, use Soften Portrait and play with that ā€˜till youā€™re happy. If you think itā€™s a little dark, use glow. Hereā€™s what mine looked like now:

Then, well, you can do what you want for the background here, but I usasually do a circle Gradiant with a different color, as shown:

Now for the text. Make a layer with a futuristic font, and text of your choice in the color you used for the gradiant. Iā€™m using Planet Kosmos here. You can make the text look good (I used Outline Object and Soften Portrait.) Duplicate the layer. Now, use Hue/Saturation to make the text the color you made the Seismograph. Then, use a transparency gradiant to complete the effect, as shown.

Thatā€™s it, youā€™re done! Feel free to add some other effects as you go (I used a water reflection thing.) Let your imagination run wild. You donā€™t have to do this on just humans! Please post results and feedback!

DrAgonHand.png

"I reject your Reality and Substitute my own" -Adam Savage, Mythbusters

My PhotoBucket

- Nice tutorial. However it is a little simplistic being based primarily on Seismograph and Glow. Followers of the tut will have a reason to use the Seismograph effect, so that's a bonus as this effect doesn't seem to get a lot of airtime.

- Your "Difficulty 6/10" is a nice touch, perhaps just a tad generous? :D

- The screenshots of the PDN canvas are too wide. Please resize them to a maximum dimension of 800px.

Other than that, a solid first tutorial. Well done.

- The screenshots of the PDN canvas are too wide. Please resize them to a maximum dimension of 800px.

I wasn't joking.

The Rule Ogre bites (but I growl a bit first) :lol:

NO! Not Photobucket! Anything but that! Flickr! Just use Flickr!

Neat effect by the way.

*Ignores first comment* Thanks!

EER, I reuploaded my pics, they should work now!

NOW LET'S SEE SOME PICTURES!!!

DrAgonHand.png

My PhotoBucket

• 2 weeks later...

No bumping. Especially not your own tutorial. If people like it, they'll post on it.

Ā 

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

• 2 months later...

This was a great tut, just started using paint.net a couple day or two ago, so it fits my learning curve great. Here's my go at it using my niece as Tron

jillastron2.gift.. Here's my try at it using my

SIG5.gif

"Don't ask a man what's important to him, but watch how he spends his time"

• 3 weeks later...

hey guys i was wondering if anyone could make me a logo... if so get back to my via email <snip> thanks guys :)

Edited by pyrochild
removed email address

hey guys i was wondering if anyone could make me a logo... if so get back to my via email <snip> thanks guys :)

Um, sorry, but I don't think this is the place for it.

Phantom, that's cool, but it just looks like a human wearing a suit. I was trying to go for like an "abstract art" feel XD

Chaos, nice job, but the top of the picture is kinda cut off.

Other than that, good jobs! BTW, here's the first pic that started it all :P

Haxxor.png

DrAgonHand.png

My PhotoBucket

We can help you with your projects, sure, but we're not going to do it for you. Please don't solicit, and definitely don't post your email address in plaintext in a public forum unless you really really really like spam.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Alright, so I'm trying to create a business card. I utilized this tut for the making of this microphone from a stock image. Now, I want to use the microphone and make a new canvas. I did this, and I want to be able to change the image size or location, so I would assume I would paste the mic into a new layer. Now, I'm trying to make rectangles to make an area to write text into along with using gradient blur. the problem. I try to write and the text will only show up in the box where the mic is, even though I unchecked the visibility of it. It still has an outline of the box from the mic image. I'm a noobie, obviously..and this is driving me nutso! thanks for you help.

th_mic2withsteisomgraph.jpg

th_imageissue.jpg

I hope I explained that right.

Edited by Peacock

Alright, so I'm trying to create a business card. I utilized this tut for the making of this microphone from a stock image. Now, I want to use the microphone and make a new canvas. I did this, and I want to be able to change the image size or location, so I would assume I would paste the mic into a new layer. Now, I'm trying to make rectangles to make an area to write text into along with using gradient blur. the problem. I try to write and the text will only show up in the box where the mic is, even though I unchecked the visibility of it. It still has an outline of the box from the mic image. I'm a noobie, obviously..and this is driving me nutso! thanks for you help.

th_mic2withsteisomgraph.jpg

th_imageissue.jpg

I hope I explained that right.

I think I figured it out. I have to add a new layer. der. anyways, at least you have a picture Dr. Agon..I know you wanted it so bad.

Anyways, at least you have a picture Dr. Agon..I know you wanted it so bad.

Yay!!! :lol:

That was good, but it needs more... pizazz. You nailed the effect, but there's no text or anything. The way you did it would probably work better for a buisness card anyway. I'm glad my tutorial is being used for kewl stuff like that :D

Edited by Dr. Agon

DrAgonHand.png

My PhotoBucket