Request - selection shrink

In both PS and Gimp you have the ability to shrink or grow a selection . This is very useful for precision work where the next layer needs to be only 1 or 2 pixels bigger/smaller than the original selection. I know it`s possible to adjust the selection in PDN using :MoveSelectionTool: but it would be better and more accurate to have a shrink/grow tool, or plug in.

Would this be possible in PDN?

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

A better way is Pyrochild's Outline Object program, though it's still just a workaround.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

The big advantage of having a shrink option is when you have a complex shape that needs to be shrunk the same amount all the way around. It`s so much easier and more accurate than any work around.I guess we can only hope it is added sometime in the future.

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

For shrinking selection there is a work around.

Hint: Make selection--feather selection--deselect--reselect.

understand? or need more?

:idea: Now there's another perfect PDN Tips and Tricks. I hadn't thought of that before, and it actually makes sense now I think about it. I'm sure you are referring to BoltBait's Selection Feathering, correct? (I'm referring to Effect>Selection>Feather).

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

A similar method to Ashs' is to use the Outline Selection plugin: viewtopic.php?p=179417#p179417

Define the selection

Run the plugin to create a border around the inside of selection

Redefine the selection

This will only work to shrink the selection. From reading the thread, outlinine the outside of a selection is still in development.

For shrinking selection there is a work around.

Hint: Make selection--feather selection--deselect--reselect.

understand? or need more?

:idea: Now there's another perfect PDN Tips and Tricks. I hadn't thought of that before, and it actually makes sense now I think about it. I'm sure you are referring to BoltBait's Selection Feathering, correct? (I'm referring to Effect>Selection>Feather).

Correct.

A similar method to Ashs' is to use the Outline Selection plugin: viewtopic.php?p=179417#p179417

Define the selection

Run the plugin to create a border around the inside of selection

Redefine the selection

This will only work to shrink the selection. From reading the thread, outlinine the outside of a selection is still in development.

Hmm, I'm not understanding this method...

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]