Removing the shadow

Today I tried to use Paint.NET to make a small webpage graphic that required a border. Unfortunately, it was impossible to tell the difference between the image's border and the artsy-craftsy drop shadow that Paint.NET's editor puts around all images.

Really, guys, superfluous decorations like drop shadows have no place in a serious image-editing environment. Will you please consider removing it? No border would be best.

Thanks, ander

I have found the drop shadow to be a bit obnoxious when working around the edges of images.

I would suggest a new topic name like "Feature request: Remove drop shadow from canvas", just so people know what you are talking about.

I disagree with the idea that No border would be best. A simple black line gets my vote.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Today I tried to use Paint.NET to make a small webpage graphic that required a border. Unfortunately, it was impossible to tell the difference between the image's border and the artsy-craftsy drop shadow that Paint.NET's editor puts around all images.

I just may be a bit slow this morning (it happens) but I'm not getting the idea here.

Are we talking about the shadow in the main window? I just don't get what anderpainter means with "puts around all images". I've never had a problem with how PDN presents images, and certainly not had a problem identifying borders.

I just may be a bit slow this morning (it happens) but I'm not getting the idea here.

Are we talking about the shadow in the main window? I just don't get what anderpainter means with "puts around all images". I've never had a problem with how PDN presents images, and certainly not had a problem identifying borders.

same lol

[Link]

Look at number 5. That's the main canvas. You see the black shadow that goes around it? That's what anderpainter is referring to.

It has been mentioned before, but it isn't something that everyone's talking about.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.