Plugin-Selection

Hi,

after I registered, here is something that is really annoying about the Plugin-Publishing-Site of this forum. All plugins aren't really sorted. Is it possible to do something to sort them like this:

-[Effect] blablabla

-[FileType, png] blablabla

I (and I bet there are others too) got really stressed, searching and reading the Threat-Titles one by one, to find something usefull, because of the big number of relases. It would be really nice if something like this would be possible. At least sorting them.

Thanks

PS: I'm not a PDN, newbie. I use it since more then a year now and looking forward to the relase of the next version.

We recently did reorganize the plugin forum and asked many of the more prolific plugin authors to create "Plugin Packs" which we made "sticky" in the plugin forum. This has greatly reduced confusion already.

If you are searching for a specific plugin, the Search Page is probably your best bet.

So how about we create an index like TotalNewbie suggested, with links to the relevant plugins, and sticky it?

I'd thought about a Plugins+ style forum. But I'm still burnt out on Tutorials+. :-P

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Anyone know how many plugins have been released? Are we talking 200? more??

[edit] there are 286 topics in the forum, of course some aren't actually plugins and some are plugin packs [/edit]

If less than 200 I still think an index-type stickied post might be the simplest solution:

Plugin name | Author | Brief Desc/Effect/Action | Release Date | Last Updated | Link | Comments/Notes

One entry per line, sorted alphabetically by plugin name. Additional posts could sort the list by Author, Plugin Pack contents, Effect, etc...., And we still retain the option of reordering the forum into subforums if required later.

(quickly looks around) Umm......., Volunteers? Anyone?

I agree.

Previously I had searched with the words "glitters" & found some threads, in which I found one with the name of 'sparkles', which I have downloaded. But since it does not work for me, I had been trying to find that tutorial again, but could not find it! My search of those words have met 'not found' for many days! Only today I was able to find it!! :roll:

The easiest thing would be to make a rule, for publishing, that they have to add a [Effect]/[FileType,...]/[PulginPack] at the beginning of the of the topicname. (And tell them to change the names of the allready existing ones or let admins do that if they are not active anymore). Just like:

[FileType, psd] A PhotoShop importer

Then everybody would simply search for "[FileType" and would get a 100% list of all the FileTypes.

Hello, please make things a lot easier for me. It'll only require constant work and maintenance on the part of anyone other than me.

Or, use Search.

http://searchpaint.net

Indexing and searching are these brand new technologies that were invented in the 60's*, you may have heard of them.

* or whenever. whatever.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg