Hey, remember when this program used to update?

Have the developers abandoned Paint.NET or something? I remember downloading this program way back in 2007, and there used to be an update every few weeks, whether it be a new version or a beta release.

Nowadays, it doesn't even seem like this thing updates anymore. Heck, there hasn't even been a BETA update since 3.36 was released back in August.

Whatever happened to the constant updates? It's like everything just came to a sudden halt.

I don't think its exactly a halt,i think Rick is just taking time to get things in order and making it the best it can be before the new release.Instead of making a new little release every time theres a small update,he is probably just going to release it all at once.

PDN is a solid enough program to not need constant updates and with all the plug-ins you can download,technically PDN gets new features often.

Trust Rick,he hasn't let us down so far,without him none of us would be here on these forums,none of us would have PDN,some of us wouldn't have developed our passion for graphic art without him and his program.Just something to keep in mind.

There's been significant investment in the upcoming version 3.5. I just spent 8 hours yesterday optimizing and debugging performance stuff.

Not good enough!! When are you finally going to release PdN for the iPhone?!?

Just kidding... Take your time on 3.5. I think I speak for everyone when I say, I'm willing to wait for the type of quality releases we are used to.

(posted from iPhone)

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

Memory usage is also significantly lower. On my test case with a big pile of high resolution JPEGs, v3.36 uses about 1.8gb of memory to open them all. v3.5 uses 800mb or so.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

it's good to see something a bit bad turns into something so good...

I don't understand?

The skepticism of the first post quickly evolved into talking about how much progress is actually being made in the program? Maybe.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

I don't understand?

The skepticism of the first post quickly evolved into talking about how much progress is actually being made in the program? Maybe.

Rick Brewster wrote:

Boude wrote:

I don't understand?

Correct, thought it would be clear.

yhsjjie.png

History repeats itself, because nobody was paying attention the first time.

It'll take another 10 years before they have the processing power that this Core i7 has (which I just overclocked to 4ghz). Which is too bad, because that's really going to stifle some forward progress and Innovation™. (Although it will force other types of progress and innovation.)

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg