Want to 'colour swap' (color swap) items in a photo, unsure of correct term

Hello all and thank you,

I would like to colour swap some things in photos or rather just learn how if possible.
I've seen products on aliexpress for example like clothing where it's clearly the same photo but they re-apply a different colour to it, including gradients maybe even light shinyness? Etc

This isn't for professional reasons, I just would like to try and show my wife what some bathrooms would look like in a house for example with a simple lick of paint on a window frame, for example.

q9rU4Dg.png

See the wooden window frame?  I'd like to paint it say, this colour
dcc0b4f652faeb949a2ce7dcde762926.jpg(opr

(or obviously ANY colour I can apply)

Just so it's clear, I do know how to use the select tool with CTRL and SHIFT options, but yeah this one feels like an advanced skill to me, it's hard enough to just to select the region properly.   
image.thumb.png.8961f343dbddd109ab0f4294ed322d60.png
I then tried applying a translucent colour over the top of it, which has worked for me before, but obviously this is a big mess.

image.thumb.png.ce7e36b81ea3da0ae0236d0df22cbb15.png

Does anyone know the correct tutorial to look at? I had a quick peek but couldn't spot what I was after.

Yes something similar to that, though looking more professional (no offense intended, I couldn't do it!)  -  I suppose swapping wood into a grey slick paint like texture is difficult, vs simply a re-colour of an existing exact paint job say in white to blue or  something.

If you have my plugin pack installed, try using Adjustments > Hue/Sat+

Just start with a general selection, then run the effect:

image.png

After setting the controls at the top to select your brown frame, use the Hue Adjustment to change the frame color.

• Upvote 1

Actually, I added a small touch of grain to the wood to make it less glossy. It wasn't worth the work to give it a completely wood texture. Also, when recoloring, what frequently happens is it doesn't simply change the color. It frequently exposes flaws in the source that the original color may be hiding.

To get more professional results it isn't worth bludgeoning a just OK picture. One must start with a professional picture.

It is a busted TV trope that one can just hit the "Enhance" button and get instant magic results:

https://iv.ggtyler.dev/watch?v=Vxq9yj2pVWk