Can I change the color of an embossed object?

Go to solution Solved by Ego Eram Reputo,

• Solution

Yes. Use the Recoloring tool :RecoloringTool:

Example usage: https://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/RecolorTool.html#12

• 2 months later...

Is there a video showing the recoloring tool? I attempted to follow the instructions but I failed. In the following image the red text and line are SUPER difficult for me to read. I need to either change the RED to some other color (possibly blue) or change the brown to another color.

image.thumb.png.c52f1fd0541d1d40c74bf3515bf0cbf6.png

I sampled the RED and assigned it as the Secondary color and the BLUE as my primary color. When I mouse over the red and press the left mouse button I get a blue dot the size of the brush. If I hold down the mouse button and move it over the brown it just makes a blue line from the red to the brown. I expected it to only change the red to blue, e.g. I did not expect the brown to be changed.

image.png.18d6d6e234dc7ab1c8f3d84c953ade4f.png

After selecting the color replace tool, up on your tool bar there are settings. Set the brush size to 20 or higher. Then change the Tolerance to 20. For Sampling mode, switch to Secondary Color. Below is a screenshot showing my settings...

spacer.png