Pointed/tapered line tool

Hey guys, I am trying to make a very simple flower outline and am wondering if there is an easier way to make petals? I love the shapes the curved line tool makes but in order to make the ends points, I have to make more curved lines then select and delete them. I was wondering if there was an easier way to go about this. I know there is the arrow ends and rounded ends for the lines but neither have the sort of tapered look I am going for. I took a picture of what my current process looks like before I delete the lines to make the point.

Flower shape.png

Welcome to the forum @rogiebear

Shapemaker is probably the best way to go. The learning curve is a little steep but worth the effort.
There are tutorials and a built-in user guide.

If continuing with your current process my Flourish plug-in may help.

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

Hi and welcome @rogiebear    How about making your 'flourish' and angling it so you can exactly erase half of it?  Then duplicate the half you have and flip the layer horizontally.  You would have to experiment some but it might be a solution.   I made this quickly so I know my upper line is too thick.  Maybe some slightly different settings will give you what you want.  Good luck!  Maybe someone else here has a better solution.  😊

flourishproblem.png

• You're a Smart Cookie! 1

What lynxster4 said!🙂

Learning how to use Pdn and it's plug-ins... and possibly most graphics software, is a matter of trying things out, which can be fun! (and/or frustrating).
If you need accurate vector shapes into bitmap then Shapemaker is still the way to go. I tried to find lynster4's Shapemaker tutorial which is very well explained,
but I got lost in the tutorial section? - I know it's there somewhere?... perhaps we need a 'tutorial index' - @E.E.R ?😉

• Like 1

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

Thank you guys so much for the suggestions and help! I ended up finding a relatively easy way to get the shape I wanted by using the Curly Lines plug in, along with with lynxster4's copy and flip idea! Again, I appreciate how welcoming and helpful you guys are!

flowershape.png

• Like 1