Define default save dir and save *.jpg quality?

How can I define into which directory a (new/changed) picture should be saved by default (e.g. "same as original" or "absolute D:\mypics\")?

How can I setup the save (compression) quality for *.jpg pictures (e.g. 97%)?

Edited by pstein

• pstein changed the title to Define default save dir and save *.jpg quality?
41 minutes ago, pstein said:

How can I define into which directory a (new/changed) picture should be saved by default (e.g. "same as original" or "absolute D:\mypics\")?

The save dialog is handled by the OS, I think that it defaults to the last folder that was used to open or save an image.

As far as I'm aware there is no other way to override the save dialog location from within Paint.NET.

46 minutes ago, pstein said:

How can I setup the save (compression) quality for *.jpg pictures (e.g. 97%)?

The JPEG save configuration dialog should remember its last used settings between Paint.NET sessions, so you can just set it to whatever values you want

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, pstein said:

Sounds not very sophisticated and thoughtful

You need to improve your constructive criticism skills. Just because something doesn't work exactly the way you want it to, doesn't mean it is "not very sophisticated" or "not thoughtful."

You've got your answer. I'm locking this thread.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg