How to Install Plugins ×

BoltBait's GPU Accelerated Plugin Pack for Paint.NET v5.0 (Updated 2024-01-05)

BoltBait

Just came here to report some wonkyness with the outline as well. The first time you outline something, all colors get inverted and in general looks very broken. If you attempt to run it again (what i would do before to obtain thicker outlines) transparency is completely broken and replaced with white, and the previously broken image now gets even more broken, with odd transparent segments and overlapping different colors now multiply with one another

It's quite the spectacle if you keep repeating the effect, but clearly not what should happen.

(Should i make a separate thread describing the issue in more detail?)

5 hours ago, Shamil0 said:

Is it still possible to get the same kind of outline from the 4.3.12 version?

I'll look into this issue on the weekend.  (Sorry, super busy with work until then.)

9 minutes ago, VL4DST3R said:

Just came here to report some wonkyness with the outline as well.

Show me a screenshot of the issue.

9 minutes ago, VL4DST3R said:

(Should i make a separate thread describing the issue in more detail?)

Please don't.  Just keep all the discussion in here where I can find it.

5 hours ago, Shamil0 said:

Is it still possible to get the same kind of outline from the 4.3.12 version? (considering that the object outline amount that goes up to 255 is no longer there.)

image_2023-01-18_174432359.png

This might be an issue with the parameters used for outlining the IGeometry object

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

3 minutes ago, Rick Brewster said:

This might be an issue with the parameters used for outlining the IGeometry object

No.  Only the Effects > Selection > Outline Selection plugin uses IGeometry.  The outlines in that plugin look awesome--that's not the problem.

Effects > OBJECT > Outline Object uses a completely different algorithm.  And, I rewrote that algorithm for the 5.0 version of this plugin.  With the exception of one slight issue with the anti-aliasing code, I think the outlines look much better than before.  I'm working on the anti-aliasing issue and should have that fixed by the weekend.  However, what the posters want is a softer outline edge that was generated in previous versions of the Object > Outline code.  Instead of a solid outline that is anti-aliased (1px) they want a solid outline that gently fades out to transparent (gaussian blur).

16 minutes ago, VL4DST3R said:

Here, a few examples, done by repeatedly applying the outline with the default values of 3 and 50 respectively (ss so you can see what happens to transparency as well)

1877505807_Screenshot2023-01-19001047.thumb.png.85292861780b512164fa1ff9760d9e1c.png

You are complaining about a built-in function Effects > Stylize > Outline and not the Effects > Object > Outline plugin that is part of my plugin pack.

@Rick Brewster should probably break your comment out into it's own thread.

8 minutes ago, BoltBait said:

You are complaining about a built-in function Effects > Stylize > Outline and not the Effects > Object > Outline plugin that is part of my plugin pack.

@Rick Brewster should probably break your comment out into it's own thread.

My bad, figured i should look if this issue was already reported and when i saw the user's post above mine figured this was the 5.0 thread, but forgot to actually check. I didn't realize i was hijacking yours.

Edited by VL4DST3R

I have downloaded paint.net 5.0. No issues.

But, when I download Boltbait's plugins for this version, I have quite a few plugin errors

like Alpha2Gray.dll etc. It shows Mememaker.dll has errors, but I seem to be able to use it.

What is the issue here? I didn't have plugin error for earlier version of paint.net.

Thank you.

Sankar

28 minutes ago, sankarmukh said:

It shows Mememaker.dll has errors, but I seem to be able to use it.

What is the issue here?

You have two versions of the plugins installed.

The plugin error tells you the file location of the old version. Simply delete the old one(s).

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

• BoltBait changed the title to BoltBait's GPU Accelerated Plugin Pack for Paint.NET v5.0 (Updated 2023-01-20)

Heyo, big fan of the plugin, has helped me out countless times with simple image edits.

Recently downloaded the 6.5 (or...65?) version for PDN 5.0, and there's immediately one thing that struck me as odd: the Effects > Object > Outline object plugin-part no longer has a "Strength" slider?

I know it now has a simpler anti-alias option, but I was wondering where it's gone - especially since I found it quite useful to be able to apply more transparent outlines on some objects.

(I did properly replace all the plugin parts I'd already installed)

I updated to paint.net 5.0. And, I had also uploaded Boltbait64 but it showed a few plugin errors. 

Today, I uploaded Boltbait65. And, it still shows plugin-errors. However, even if shows error, but MemeMaker and maybe

some others work fine. The following list shows the plugin error. What could be the reason?

Alpha2Gray.dll
BBChart.dll
Burninate.dll
Calendar.dll
ColorBalance.dll
CombinedAdjustments.dll
Dream.dll
FillFromClipboard.dll
FillFromFile.dll
Gray2Alpha.dll
LevelHorizon.dll
MemeMaker.dll
ScriptLab.dll
SelectionTools.dll
Temperature.dll
Transparency.dll
Thank you.

I have more info...

Looks like Alpha2Gray etc gets loaded. 

Don't copy small.txt and ranbow.txt though. I never used them anyway.

errorboltbait..jpg

Edited by sankarmukh
some new info.

Hi, 

The error it shows that I have to update. After I update, it works but it still shows that I have plug-in errors. 

That I think is false. My previous dropdown jpg shows that Alpha2Gray.dll is there.

I am not sure why is this error. 

I am supplying the error I get but that is false, I think.

errorboltbait_1.jpg

Right. Before you posted this, I deleted the files in there. Thanks. 

Now, I only have error from pyrochild's scriptlab.dll. but they have not uploaded.

Thanks a lot. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Do you know, why palettes/rainbow.xt and small.txt will not be copied/

Thanks anyway.

Your plugins are awesome, thanks a lot ! 😲
Great job !!

Just a question : I use a portable version of PaintDotNet, and I didn't find how to install your plugin in "a standard way".

I finally did an installation in "Store mode" then I moved all the files from `%User%\Documents\paint.net App Files` to the `PaintDotNet 5.x` folder and it works perfectly.

Perhaps there is a .zip/.7z archive file for portable installation mode, but I didn't find it. It could be great to have a button for such a file in the original post, like "Download" and "Donate" 😄

Edited by AmaCha