How to Install Plugins ×

BoltBait's GPU Accelerated Plugin Pack for Paint.NET v5.0 (Updated 2024-04-29)

BoltBait

Hi.

Is there an option to extract all the dll files to install them one by one in Paint.NET?

Two reasons for this request:

• I hate overcrowded menus. I regularly use some plugins and never use others (and I know your tool allows cherry picking but...);
  • I'm using the portable Paint.NET version and your tool is not able to find the right folder to install the dll:
    Sorry.png.5808c67682a3fe5e975957c365042440.png

I suggest you two options:

• include a new command line (i.e. /extract) to extract all the files and leave the user in charge for installation;
  • if you don't find the registry key and the user hasn't flagged the checkbox for the store version, ask for the root path of Paint.NET because probably it's the portable version.

In the meantime to help others in need I can suggest a way to get the dll from the BoltBaitPackInstall67.exe executable.

• Open the exe file with ILSpy (or Reflector or whatever IL disassembler);
  • Go to Resources container;
  • Select one of the plugin (for example Install.Attachments.Gray2Alpha.dll);
  • Press save button;
  • Change the name accordingly (for example Install.Attachments.Gray2Alpha.dll becomes Gray2Alpha.dll);
  • Copy the file in the right Paint.NET folder (for example Effects);
  • Start Paint.NET;
  • Done.

5 hours ago, epik said:

Hi.

Is there an option to extract all the dll files to install them one by one in Paint.NET?

Yes, if you look carefully in the initial post of this thread, you'll notice a zip file containing all the .dll files... you can install them where ever you want.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Zendaeeya said:

Can you add the old bevel plugin back in like the one before the last 1-2 updates. They bevel feature worked better for me because I like to soft bevel but with this sharp bevel and the new techniques to beveling certain sections it really ruined my entire process and I can't replicate it at all anymore.

Sorry, but I like the new bevel better.

And since you're the creator that's totally fine, but there's 2 bevel options sitting in the effects that both do the same thing from what I tested all I want is a smooth bevel it's how I've created my best work. It's also how I make money while doing something that I love which is making attires for people in the community I've been apart of and known for making attires in for almost 10 years now. I'm just asking that since there's 2 bevel options can one be reverted back to the old one because this new bevel is good but it literally derailed and messed up my entire operation. It's people I've been teaching how to make my style of attires for about a year now. I can't give them straight answers anymore because I can't even do what I use to do so it kinda messed us all over.

https://imgur.com/a/Pc3uPwE

2 hours ago, Zendaeeya said:

And since you're the creator that's totally fine, but...

There is no "but".  I really like the new bevel plugin. 

I make plugins for myself.  And, because I'm nice, I share them with everyone for free.

If you don't like my plugins, you are free not to use them.

• Upvote 1

Hi BoltBait. Love your plugin pack. I'm just having a bit of a problem with the Text Formations > Outlined/Gradient Text v6.0 plugin. Currently, it seems to not be working with some of the fonts that are selected. Some fonts work fine, but others give me some default font (that is definitely not the font I selected).

The font I was trying to use is Barlow Condensed, but when I tried selecting a bunch of fonts to see if it happened with anything else, I did find many that just gave me the default font.

If it helps, last time I was using the plugin a bunch was v4.6, which worked with every font I tried. (I've got the latest version of Paint.net installed.)

41 minutes ago, talanvelc said:

I'm just having a bit of a problem with the Text Formations > Outlined/Gradient Text v6.0 plugin. Currently, it seems to not be working with some of the fonts that are selected. Some fonts work fine, but others give me some default font

Do you still have problems after clicking the Bold or Italics check boxes?

Do you still have problems after clicking the Bold or Italics check boxes?

Yes, the problems remain; toggling Bold and/or Italics on/off doesn't change the font. It does make the font bold and/or italic, but the font itself remains wrong. I've attached two graphics showing the font I'm trying to use (Barlow Condensed) vs the font it's giving me.

DEFAULT.png

BARLOW.png

Edited by talanvelc

1 hour ago, Rick Brewster said:

It would help if you linked to where "Barlow Condensed" can be obtained.

It is available from Google Fonts: https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Barlow+Condensed

• Like 1

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

Yes, it is available from Google Fonts, as null54 said; apologies for not linking to it earlier.

It's not only fonts from Google Fonts, FWIW. As I noted, it is happening with several fonts for me, including Bohemian Alchemist (which is not in Google Fonts). And some fonts I obtained from Google Fonts (such as Rubik Dirt) were working fine with it.

• Like 1

Hello, i like this plugin pack, but recently i have the problem that paint.NET doesn't load any of them anymore.

There is an entry "Plug-in error", and for all the plugins, it has the following entry:

System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added. Key: c:\PROGRA~1\paint.net\Effects
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.TryInsert(TKey key, TValue value, InsertionBehavior behavior)
   at PaintDotNet.AppModel.PluginLoader.GetSharedMetadataLoadContext(String pluginDir) in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\AppModel\PluginLoader.cs:line 73
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.EffectsCollection.TryLoadPluginAssembly(EffectPluginInitContext initContext) in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\EffectsCollection.cs:line 469

I tried to install the plugin pack again, no dice. What's the best approach now?

3 hours ago, Mike500 said:

Hello, i like this plugin pack, 

Thanks!

but recently i have the problem that paint.NET doesn't load any of them anymore.

Sounds like you've upgraded Paint.NET to v5.0+, that's GREAT!  But, yeah, @Rick Brewster blocked some of my old plugins because they would cause problems with Paint.NET v5.0, so you'll need to update to my latest plugin pack which has been rewritten to take advantage of many new features of Paint.NET including GPU acceleration.

I tried to install the plugin pack again, no dice. What's the best approach now?

I think it is a good time for you to refresh ALL of your plugins.  Many, not just mine, have had updates recently.

I would go into your plugins directory and remove all files from in there.  Then you should be able to install my plugin pack, no problem.

Then, go download fresh copies of the plugins that you use regularly.

I was already using the newest "BoltBaitPackInstall67.exe". However, your suggestion of deleting the plugins from C:\Program Files\paint.net\Effects did the trick. After installing the plugin pack again, they are all loaded properly now. I don't use any other plugins than yours, should i? ;)

I mentioned this with the crashing issue some weeks ago, but looking at it again since it came up in the general discussions I'm pretty convinced the Apply Mask plugin is not working as intended. Initially I thought it was just clobbering transparent pixel color values to 0, 0, 0 and shrugged it off since I have an alternative, but looking at it again it seems to also have some strange results on not fully transparent pixels. Transparent pixel color values are important to my texture work.

Here is a demonstration image:

image.png.14b0e133b3417355f78a2e920fce5593.png

1) Image that is getting masked

2) Alpha mask. The result is the same if using an alpha channeled layer+alpha mode instead of a grayscale+shades of gray mode.

3) Expected result on checkerboard transparency (done with the Alpha Mask Import plugin)

4) Actual result on checkerboard transparency

5) Actual result on white background

6) Actual result with alpha channel set to opaque.

I'm pretty sure the colors saturating with lower alpha isn't what is supposed to happen?

Additionally, although the plugin no longer crashes if the number of layers in the image changes between applications, it seems to get stuck on the wrong layer and ignores what you choose in the dropdown if the layer number has been changed. After restarting the program, it regains functionality.

1 hour ago, ace2b said:

Could you add all the .dll files as an option if people want to install manually?

Those are already available at the bottom of the first post.

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

On 7/14/2023 at 12:04 PM, Mike500 said:

I was already using the newest "BoltBaitPackInstall67.exe". However, your suggestion of deleting the plugins from C:\Program Files\paint.net\Effects did the trick. After installing the plugin pack again, they are all loaded properly now.

Quoting myself here, because i'm afraid the same problem is happening again. I noticed that i can fix it by switching the language of Paint.NET to English, then switching to German again. Suddenly the plugins are all available again and the errors are gone.

• BoltBait changed the title to BoltBait's GPU Accelerated Plugin Pack for Paint.NET v5.0 (Updated 2023-07-23)
1 hour ago, LizardKing said:

Hi. paint.NET version 5.0.7 (5.7.8575.34822).

After installing 6.8 I have problem with ONE plugin: ApplyMask.dll (log attached).

Plugin can't find PaintDotNet.Core. Hmm...

In 6.7 pack all correct.

Best regards 🙂

ApplyMask.txt 3.94 kB · 0 downloads

Yeah, my fault.  I compiled it against a beta version of Paint.NET

Download again and see if it doesn't work better now.  I recompiled the ApplyMask.dll file against the released version of Paint.NET.

• Thanks 1