Sent PM to moderator

I just now sent a PM to moderator Pixey, because otherwise, this can be considered double-posting.

I'm not sure she always see's PM's which is why i'm hoping she might see this alert.

For anyone curious, see, I had written an HTML demo (not video, rather just webpage with pics).

I linked it within a thread I posted long-ago (on getpaint).

It was about a clear way to convey the topic of layers to those with my way of thinking.

I wrote it because long ago I'd wasted months of time thinking the main canvass is BOTH:

(1) a clear layer and (2) a white layer.

That's because I have a different way of learning.

The tutorial could be useful for:

• Those who can handle a simple, sorta-funny, bare-bones tutorial.
  • Or for anyone inclined (and in the mood) to make it more artsy and visually presentable.

Anyway, at the time, it was moved by moderator from the tutorials section to this section. Then for years i got busy w/distractions. I just happened to stop by again, due to a program glitch, so I was reminded yet again of my past effort in futility. I figured i'd give it another shot, since i'm practically sure it's needed for those with my way of thinking.

You're referring to this?

https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/113653-layers-this-video-resolved-prolonged-confusion/

And you want it moved back to the Tutorials section?

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

Actually the 2nd post of that thread: http://powerpics.tripod.com/paint/paint_layers_dummies.html

(note the vid. linked in the OP of that thread seems not to be on YouTube anymore.

And as i'd stated above (to anyone curious), what I'd really wanted, was for my tutorial to be findable for anyone who fits either of the below categories. Because i'm not equipped to make it more visually presentable (i.e. pretty). Not with the tools i have. And I've too much else going on in my life.

However FYI, I did apply intense brain-power, to try to make my explanations clear and to-the-point in a sorta-funny way.

Again, here's the categories i was referring, to whom it should be findable:

• Those who can handle a simple, sorta-funny, bare-bones tutorial.
  • Or for anyone inclined (and in the mood) to make it more artsy and visually presentable.

The best way to improve on it, would be a web designer, who can clarify the following parallels, by:

1. placing my pic. of my white-painted Saran-wrap Side-By-Side (double-arrows) with my screenshot of paint.net's "Main White-Painted Canvass".
  2. placing my pic. of my pinkish-squiggle that's atop the wrinkled overlay Side-By-Side (double-arrows) with a paint.net screenshot of a pinkish-squiggle on a transparent 2nd-Layer.
Edited by Enk

I wrote this introduction to layers for the PDN documentation: https://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/WorkingWithLayers.html. I think it covers the basics succinctly. If you feel your take on layers is better, then go ahead and create a tutorial here on the forum. There are dozens of examples of user created tutorials aimed at beginners here: https://forums.getpaint.net/forum/20-beginner-tutorials/

Remember there are rules to be followed.

16 hours ago, Enk said:

see's PM's which is why i'm hoping she might see this alert.

Yes I did and have replied to you, saying pretty much the same as @Ego Eram Reputo above :)

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

• 2 weeks later...

Due to circumstances, maybe in another lifetime. As long as I conveyed it, even if with non-pretty props, in case someone else out there endures months of confusion, all because of mistakenly thinking the white background is 2 layers (one white and one transparent) rather than only One-PaintedOver-layer.  It's that which I don't think has ever been made clear to beginners in a quick non-sophisticated way. I sometimes wonder if I'm a small minority with the inability to learn well thru sophisticated methods.

P.S. Pixey, yes, I saw it and had responded.

Edited by Enk