Plugin Browser

RedOchre was kind enough to tell me about this and why I need to download it. I did and I loved it. It went right into my Paint.net Effects.  But now it is gone! I cannot find it anywhere and several times  I went to install it again. Each time  the post  comes up saying it is already installed. I wanna pull my hair out! I cannot see it to find it to use . So where in the firey Blazes is it ...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr  ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Also I still cannot get TR's Fisheye, ( not the reverse one) the orginal one, stray pixel remover,simply blur. 

Can anyone tell me why how to and so I can stop being a pest here and start enjoying my Paint.Net again? Please.

42 minutes ago, Cakie67 said:

Also I still cannot get TR's Fisheye,

Perhaps it is hidden.  Go to Distort - if you have a black arrow click on it to expand:

Expand-the-menu.png

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

37 minutes ago, Cakie67 said:

Can anyone tell me why how to and so I can stop being a pest here and start enjoying my Paint.Net again? Please.

Hi @Cakie67 - one of the things I think will help you is the Plugin Index (<< that's a link)

You can find plugins using this tool by typing a keyword into the search box (under Search Options). Here I've used the term "browser" to locate the Plugin Browser. 

See the salmon colored tags? That is the menu location where the plugin can be found in paint.net. The Plugin Browser is found under the Effects menu (i.e. not in any submenu - compare DragFrom which is in Effects menu + submenu: Tools)

image.png

Thank you Ego Eram. When I first Downloaded it as Red Ochre Instructed. it was in the Effects. And I did get to use. But last month it " vanished" and I cannot get it back. When I re-install it, the window comes up and says it is already installed, but to save my life I cannot find it  anywhere in the plugs ins. I am just baffled.

Could it be because I am using the Windows purchased version and not the Free version? I loved my Paint.Net  version 4.0.6 and never had the problems I am having Now.

Thanks Pixey,

I went in and re-installed Paint.net version 4.0.6. Lost all the new Plugins. So I reinstalled another version of Paint.Net ( not the one I bought from Microsoft) All the Plug ins are in even my old version of Fisheye! YEAH. So the Problem I was having was with the version of Paint.net I bought from Windows. There was a waste of my money! Yet the Plugin Browser is still not in my Paint.net nor can I find it. So maybe I need to re down load the app or the Plugin Browser download. How do I find it?

7 hours ago, Cakie67 said:

So maybe I need to re down load the app or the Plugin Browser download. How do I find it?

Simples ........ you go to the Plugin Browser thread and download it again.

First use the Search:  https://www.getpaint.net/search.html

Type in Plugin Browser:

And then you get it: The Plugin Browser v1.3.1.0 (April 28, 2020) - Plugins - Publishing ONLY! - paint.net Forum (getpaint.net)

30b8T8B.gif

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

3 hours ago, Pixey said:

Simples ........ you go to the Plugin Browser thread and download it again.

First use the Search:  https://www.getpaint.net/search.html

Type in Plugin Browser:

And then you get it: The Plugin Browser v1.3.1.0 (April 28, 2020) - Plugins - Publishing ONLY! - paint.net Forum (getpaint.net)

I did try to reinstall it several times from the download Ochre first  led me to. It is still in my downloads. but when I try to re-install it just keeps saying it is already in there. and asks me to over write it. Do you think I should uninstall in my programs and files area first, then do the new download and install it all over again?

and pixe honey, I did try to find it to download, but I could not find it. 😩

14 minutes ago, Cakie67 said:

Do you think I should uninstall in my programs and files area first,

NO - you can just allow it to be overwritten, in case it needs updating.  If it doesn't need updating, just ignore it.

Please find your Effects folder, like this:  The first image shows you how to find the Effects Folder.  Then open the Effects Folder and look for the PlugInData.dll and tell us if it is in there please.

find-Plugin-Browser.png

• Upvote 1

30b8T8B.gif

ok I will do that . This is the first time I heard of " PluginData.dll." is that what you want me  to locate? Yes it is in the effects folder . I did exactly as you showed me . Now what?

Edited by Cakie67

21 minutes ago, Cakie67 said:

Now what?

Open Paint.net and click on Effects ............... scroll down to the bottom and it should be there.

30b8T8B.gif