vertical lines in a circle

hi, I have been looking for a good part of an hour now but couldn't find a solution to my problem. I want to make verical lines in a circle, like you can find in a clock. example: 

https://imgur.com/a/KVSrGmz

all the instructions I've found so far was for illustrator and not for paint. Anyone have any solutions? thanks!

@FreSch, I used the clock plugin found here: https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/110883-clock-plugin/. And then I got rid of the items I did not need from the clock. I am sure there is an easier way but that is how I got the image.

CircleLines.png

• You're a Smart Cookie! 1

Click HERE to see my Pictorium of images I have worked on.

lMbNWe.png

You were once wild here. Don't let them tame you.

~ Isadora Duncan

I think I have found a way to get what I want, it isn't easy but it works for now. 

I make a bunch of vertical lines, then using another layer and the circle tool I cut out the parts of the lines to leave a circle like that. took me a while but yeah, it's kinda annoying.

@Ladybug's way of using the Clock plugin may be the easiest and fastest.

Another way is to duplicate a transparent layer with a vertical line, use Rotate/Zoom (Ctrl+Shift+Z) to rotate (say by 6 degrees), duplicate that layer and rotate that, and continue duplicating and rotating until your rotation reaches the first line, then merge all layers (Flatten, Ctrl+Shift+F).

(Rotating by 6 degrees will result in 60 layers, i.e. 60 lines, one for each minute of the hour).

Xkds4Lh.png

How about using Circle Text with a long line of the | character at a large font-size?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

How about using Circle Text with a long line of the | character at a large font-size?

that's actually an interesting idea, I'll give that a shot, thanks!

9 hours ago, Djisves said:

@Ladybug's way of using the Clock plugin may be the easiest and fastest.

Another way is to duplicate a transparent layer with a vertical line, use Rotate/Zoom (Ctrl+Shift+Z) to rotate (say by 6 degrees), duplicate that layer and rotate that, and continue duplicating and rotating until your rotation reaches the first line, then merge all layers (Flatten, Ctrl+Shift+F).

(Rotating by 6 degrees will result in 60 layers, i.e. 60 lines, one for each minute of the hour).

yeah, I guess using a plugin is the best way then. 

Thanks for all the help guys!