Goonfella`s Gallery - New Frontiers 28.02.16

Goonfella

New Impact on P1

Finished at last! :D

I tried the shockwave but I prefer it without one. The lens flare helps to create that effect anyway. Hope you like.

It`s all PDN apart from the main planet and a couple of starfield brushes which I used because they are better than any starfield I could make.

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

I'm gonna sound a fool saying this.. but i don't like it. i mean, its good, but you've done better.

• [*:36sasewa]Theres not much atmosphere, or colour in the space. Its too unsaturated. Saturate it. Now.
    [*:36sasewa]Starfield is good, needs size variation though. The brushes look out of place too.. :(
    [*:36sasewa]Nebulae looks out of place. You don't have to add a nebulae in every spacescape, sometimes even a good nebulae can ruin a good spacescape.
    [*:36sasewa]The collision is bleagh.. most of it is just white.. needs colour!!! White should be the center though, where they collide. Sparks in the collison dont look good. They're straight. If you want sparks, use pyro's random shape fill plugin, blur some areas, and then erase where you dont want the sparks to be. It'll look much better.
    [*:36sasewa]Lens flare is ok. Good attempt at making one, but the piece would look much better if you used a stock for a lens flare. Its good to try and make everything in PDN, but if trying to make everything in PDN makes your work look good, and could be bettered with a stock, use a stock.

I suggest you work on this piece some more. It looks like it could be awesome. KIU. ;)

I'm sorry if i sounded a bit too harsh, but no pain no gain, eh?

Merry Christmas

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.

Goonie, I think your space scene looks good except for one minor detail. The collision looks white washed. Maybe tone it down a bit. I gotta agree with LFC that the splatter looks too straight.

*winces at LFC's words* He may be right. Don't give up, keep working on it. Like I said before, the force is flowing through you. *cues music*

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

Well, i got your PM and thought i'd just comment here:

This version I do like. :D

Better atmosphere, and the collision looks much better. The sparks are still a little bit weird though, they need to spread out more, instead of having them come out like a rotated "V". Maybe get some chalk brushes and smudge the explosion a bit, to roughen it up a tad.

Overall it looks much better! So, all thats left to say now is KIU. :D

Merry Christmas

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.

Thanks very much. It was this tut I was trying to follow-

http://psdtuts.com/tutorials/drawing/fi ... -tutorial/

I`d feel guilty if I did not mention it, and let you think it was ALL my work. Interpreting the PS tut was tricky at times though .

Thanks very much. It was this tut I was trying to follow-

http://psdtuts.com/tutorials/drawing/fi ... -tutorial/

I`d feel guilty if I did not mention it, and let you think it was ALL my work. Interpreting the PS tut was tricky at times though .

Yeah, it's tough to do PS tuts when we don't have blending options like they do. The only way around it is to make a new layer and try to duplicate the blending options. Your picture are getting better.

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

There were so many layers involved with this pic that PDN started to slow down! Towards the end I had to be careful or it would have frozen. Rendering times took longer, moving bits around became a case of move a little bit, wait, move some more, wait again and so on.

It`s probably down to the weedy T2080 CPU in this laptop.

Glad you like it though. :D

The most layers I've gone to so far, were about 50-60. I try to keep my layers to the minimum because my computer will work slower than a snail. :lol:

Keep in mind that your work is a pleasure to look at. :)

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Remembered a tip I read on these forums about making the image slightly bigger then resizing it down to help smooth off the edges so I`ve done that with the Media Player and I think it looks better for it.

Out of interest - which song would you have on it?

Something soppy for Valentines? :lol:

This will get your energy level back up, I know you were nearing a crash cuz your brain was working overtime trying to keep up with your slow 'puter.

Cheek! :lol:

It was one of the longest tuts I`ve seen. The video of it lasts over one and a half hours!

One Line Abstract

One of my rare, and not very good attempts at abstract art. Called `One Line' because this image started out as a single,black vertical line on a transparent background. Just shows what you can do with a few twists and turns here and there.

OneLine.jpg