Goonfella`s Gallery - New Frontiers 28.02.16

Goonfella

I want to give fruit a rest for now if that`s alright. It`s all I seem to have been doing for ages!

I would like to add some grapes,an orange or maybe even a water melon, but not just now.

Helen you do yourself a disservice. Those grapes are spot on. :wink:

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

Had a bit of a problem getting the thickness which is why the pic ended up the way it did. Maybe if I gave it another go I would have more success.

Not the easiest of tuts to follow.

Agreed. I think Outline would work. I also used Ash's 3d chrome tut to help.

BTW, I want to say your Space Race's pic is :shock:. How in the world did you make that ship? I am into sci-fi myself and would love to create a ship.

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

Didn`t make it , it was a render I got from somewhere. (Sorry can`t remember where :oops: )

I just added the engine effects and trails behind to create a bit of movement.

As for the puzzle, I never thought of using Ash`s tut. Good idea. I`ll have to have another go.

Bowl of fruit looks really good! Great job! Just a few things i've noticed though, i'll tell you how to solve them too. :)

• [*:2cbw157w]The bananas in the bowl don't match the lightsource, which i presume is from the left. Flip it horizontally, or if you still have the .pdn of the bananas then invert the colors of the light and the shadow, then rotate.
    [*:2cbw157w]The pears don't match the light source either, just flip them horizontally and you should be good.
    [*:2cbw157w]The apple and the strawberrys fit the piece well. No problems there. :wink:
    [*:2cbw157w]Now, the shadow of the pear going onto the other pear (on the right) looks bad to put it plainly. You could solve this by giving it a blend mode that bring some of the pear texture through, but the shadow remaining dark. Or, try opacity too.

Once those problems are fixed, are really good piece Goonfella! KIU! :D

Merry Christmas

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.

Thanks, I`ll have another look at it.

OK I `ve sorted out the shadows on the pear and added a shadow to the stalk, the bananas I just flipped horizontally as suggested but other than that they are the same and I adjusted the strawberries on the table a bit.

And I thought the wall was a bit bare so I added a nice picture ( not done by me, just grabbed it off Google Images).

Hopefully now I can leave it in peace! :wink:

Thanks again for the suggestions.

Really great fruit! You have become a fruity guy. I have been seeing fruit all over the forum. I think oma must be behind this. I am going to have to try making me some fruit. Really your image is wonderful. Nice work.

"One can't complain. I have my friends. Someone spoke to me only yesterday." EEYORE

Didn`t make it , it was a render I got from somewhere. (Sorry can`t remember where :oops: )

I just added the engine effects and trails behind to create a bit of movement.

As for the puzzle, I never thought of using Ash`s tut. Good idea. I`ll have to have another go.

Man, if you had said you made the ship, I would call you a genius! Well, your space scene is a genius work. You actually got me thinking of how I could make a ship. :D

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

Of course. This is a family forum after all! :lol::lol:

Actually I was more concerned with getting the glass right. I hope I`ve done OK as it was my first try at a glass of anything. I made the glass ball before but it`s not quite the same as doing a glass.

Is there a way I could make the `wine' more realistic?

I found this tutorial the other day which is really useful although I did the stem myself through trial and error. It should help you get started.

http://photo-lessons.blogspot.com/2008/ ... -wine.html

With the stem,once the basic shape was there , I did a linear gradient on a low opacity and a bit of blur painting with white down the edges to get the 3D look . You just have to keep trying different blending modes , amounts of blur etc until you get something you like.

Have fun. :wink:

The wine glass is incredible. Great job!

A few pointers though. :P

• [*:14taycat]I would add transparency to the wine, and make it darker. Also make it should gradually darken as it reaches the edges and the bottom of the glass, but not too dark.
    [*:14taycat]The base of the glass is good, but the sharp shadow meeting the "proper" base isn't good. It should fade in.
    [*:14taycat]Add a shadow of the glass. Glass is translucent, so it still gives a shadow. ;)
    [*:14taycat]Use a grid or something as a background instead of a gradient. This way you can distort the background and make it seem more glassy.
    [*:14taycat]Work on the :AntiAliasingOn: too.

Merry Christmas

@LFC4EVER: how would you use grid instead of gradient?

A grid is better, as you can distort is behind the glass where the glass would refract light and distort stuff behind it. You can show the distorts easier with a grid. Its harder and less clear with a gradient.

Merry Christmas

I think you`re right Stormy.I took a look at a few pics of red wine for reference and most were not transparent. White or rose wine yes but not ordinary red. So here is version 2. I`m not really too sure if I like the background . I just thought the colour goes with the wine.

ReflectedWineGlass.jpg