Goonfella`s Gallery - New Frontiers 28.02.16

Goonfella

Thanks . Unfortunately I never kept the PDN file for it but I`ll try out relief anyway.

Coppery? I would say it`s more pinkery! :D

I must say experimenting with an image this way teaches you what certain plug ins are capable of which could come in handy later.

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

That's nice mate. I like the colors, it's 'coppery'. (is there such a word :? )

Most of my abstracts start out the same way :arrow:

Have you tried Relief on it ? It could make it Arts n Crafts style ?

Thanks . Unfortunately I never kept the PDN file for it but I`ll try out relief anyway.

Coppery? I would say it`s more pinkery! :D

I must say experimenting with an image this way teaches you what certain plug ins are capable of which could come in handy later.

Either way it goes, that's an awesome looking graphic there, Goonie.

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

OK I`ve just posted a new abstract called Nova. It was made with a combination of Gimp and PDN, although I wasn`t happy with it until I had loaded it into PDN and had a play around . I only recently downloaded Gimp and am still getting used to it. You still can`t beat PDN for ease of use . I was creating images in it far more quickly than Gimp, which has so many settings for so many things. :shock: :)

OK I`ve just posted a new abstract called Nova. It was made with a combination of Gimp and PDN, although I wasn`t happy with it until I had loaded it into PDN and had a play around . I only recently downloaded Gimp and am still getting used to it. You still can`t beat PDN for ease of use . I was creating images in it far more quickly than Gimp, which has so many settings for so many things. :shock: :)

Beware of GIMP. It is like a quicksand....I think. I used it once and never liked it. It's more for Linux than Windows.

Your nova work looks great!

Thanks all.

Gimp like quicksand? Not sure what you are getting at there Storm.Shadow. :? :)

Personally, GIMP has potential. But, it doesn't work well in Windows XP or Vista (if you have the latter) because of its floating windows. It is more geared for Linux-based OS, like Ubuntu Linux (which I had once used and really liked), unless you have a dual-boot OS on your 'puter.

I have Vista Basic on my laptop and Gimp works fine. The latest version , 2.6.5, has all the files you need in the installer so there is no need to install the GTK package separately , which I understand was necessary in older versions.

I have no probs with the windows but I guess that`s down to the individual, some like them, some don`t. :)

That's true.

I don't have Vista and I don't plan to upgrade. They have more holes in their security system than in a Swiss cheese. Now, Microsoft is rolling out (soon) Windows 7 :roll:.

Sorry but I have to disagree with you there. It is well known that Vista is more secure than XP , with UAC maybe TOO secure. Your security is only as good as the programs you use.

Win 7 looks promising with plenty of positive reviews and is said to be faster than XP as well. I must admit though that if I had XP at the moment I would not be getting Vista, I would wait for 7. :wink:

This fun one is just for you! :lol::lol:

th_WinVista.png