Have not upgraded due to this

Cisco

I have upgraded a few times but always go back to 3.5.11 because I can not stand the zoom control on the bottom right of screen. I know,I know, it's just me, but it really annoys me. I like it larger at the top like it used to be.  I use it a lot for my website. Not sure what I'm missing but this version allows me to do what I need to.   BUT, I now have a problem that is driving me crazy.  I think this has been addressed in later versions.  The color, history, and layer windows are erratic.  If I try to move them out of the way they start disappearing, reappearing somewhere else, and in general freaking out. I can never place them where they would normally reside.  So, I have 2 questions (I'm not hopeful but thought it couldn't hurt to ask).

1.  Is there a way to fix this issue without upgrading?

2. Is there a way to upgrade but have the zoom control on top?

Thanks for answering my probably stupid question in advance.  Have a groovy day :)

If you don't install updates then you don't get fixes, simple enough

If you don't have the latest version, we can't help you.

It's not hard to get used to UI changes between versions, you just have to give yourself a little time. Brains are quite capable of retraining themselves; it's called neuroplasticity.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

2 hours ago, Cisco said:

2. Is there a way to upgrade but have the zoom control on top?

I very rarely use the zoom control in the status bar. Instead I use Ctrl + Mousewheel. Try it. You'll wonder how you ever did without it. Then there are the keyboard shortcuts Ctrl and + and the opposite Ctrl and -. I find all of these options faster than the Status bar option.

• Like 2

Also, 3.5.11 was replaced in mid-2014 with version 4.0. If you haven't upgraded in 5 1/2 years because of this then I'm not sure anything I can do will convince you otherwise. The zoom control is staying put though.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

On 11/3/2019 at 6:18 PM, Rick Brewster said:

If you don't install updates then you don't get fixes, simple enough

If you don't have the latest version, we can't help you.

It's not hard to get used to UI changes between versions, you just have to give yourself a little time. Brains are quite capable of retraining themselves; it's called neuroplasticity.

Your second sentence was enough to answer my question....but you just couldn't help yourself could you. 

On 11/3/2019 at 7:49 PM, BoltBait said:

If you use Microsoft Office, you’ll already be used to the zoom controls at the bottom of the window. Paint.NET is hardly the only program like this. 

I don't use Office.  Every other program I use (many) it is at the top (hence the annoyance).  But I get it your so smart.

On 11/3/2019 at 8:06 PM, Ego Eram Reputo said:

I very rarely use the zoom control in the status bar. Instead I use Ctrl + Mousewheel. Try it. You'll wonder how you ever did without it. Then there are the keyboard shortcuts Ctrl and + and the opposite Ctrl and -. I find all of these options faster than the Status bar option.

Thank you Ego for that advice ...sans the snarky reply.  I have limited use of my left hand and do everything with a mouse with my right hand.  To me it's easier to mouse up than to mouse down.  Which is why I ask the question.  Bu thank you.

On 11/4/2019 at 11:23 AM, Rick Brewster said:

Also, 3.5.11 was replaced in mid-2014 with version 4.0. If you haven't upgraded in 5 1/2 years because of this then I'm not sure anything I can do will convince you otherwise. The zoom control is staying put though.

So I gather the answer to my 2 questions is NO and NO.   I don't recall asking you to convince my of anything.  I ask 2 simple questions and explained my reasonings and admitted it's faults.   Thank you for pointing out how archaic I am.  I know you just couldn't help yourself.  People like you ruin forums.  BTW I upgraded yesterday....no not to yours. Paid for it but worth it.  So PUHLEEZE excuse me for insulting your delicate Paint.net ego and asking my 2 SOOO stupid little questions your royal highness.