glare effect?

Rickenbacker

Greetings!

The effect that you are trying to achieve can be accomplished by applying lines, curves, and/or shapes to layers and composite them onto your image after using various blurs to diffuse them to simulate reality. What you are referring to as glare is also referred to as highlights. In art highlights and shadows are applied to an image to simulate depth and is called 'modeling'. I use Paint.NET's built-in Effects>Blurs>Gaussian Blur to diffuse and vary the opacity.

In my example I created a quick illustration of how this can be done.
I used two line segments and a ellipse to show how the effect you desire can be achieved.

(No plugins were use for this illustration)

Gummie_Bottle.jpg

Edited by HyReZ
  • Like 2

Is you havings lots of plugins? With program naked maybe it possible with gradient tools but it more work.

With 1000 plugins it easy to give object curves and shading. You just tellings it what you is wantings and it happening! If you makings picture like vitamin bottle it havings many things and it taking time for all of them. Every thing on bottle is little project. You doing them all and then putting them all together in time you get there.

It easier than it looking.

2 hours ago, Elvis Hbpbgrtnk said:

With program naked maybe it possible with gradient tools but it more work.

No plugins are required - everything you need is available in paint.net itself, as HyRez said.

1. Open the image you want to enhance.
  2. Add a new layer :LayersAddNewLayer: above the original image.
  3. Activate the Ellipse select tool :EllipseSelectTool: (other shapes will also work - e.g. use a vertical rectangle for the side highlights)
  4. Drag out a flattened ellipse where you want the highlight. It needs to be quite thin (reference the top highlight in you example image)
  5. Press Shift + Backspace to fill the ellipse with white.
  6. Apply Blurs > Gaussian Blur. Use the Radius value to soften the edges of the highlight.
  7. Press F4 to open the layer properties dialog and fine tune the effect by lowering the Opacity value.

highlight-blur.png

• Like 1

I never tryinged it that way. Thank you for ideas!

I tellings you something: I watching TV and movies with comments on. They talking about how they making things and I is learning how they doings things like lighting. There reasons for these things and I is putting them in art all the time now.

8 hours ago, HyReZ said:

Greetings!

The effect that you are trying to achieve can be accomplished by applying lines, curves, and/or shapes to layers and composite them onto your image after using various blurs to diffuse them to simulate reality. What you are referring to as glare is also referred to as highlights. In art highlights and shadows are applied to an image to simulate depth and is called 'modeling'. I use Paint.NET's built-in Effects>Blurs>Gaussian Blur to diffuse and vary the opacity.

In my example I created a quick illustration of how this can be done.
I used two line segments and a ellipse to show how the effect you desire can be achieved.

(No plugins were use for this illustration)

Gummie_Bottle.jpg

Thank you for sharing this HyReZ, I shall try this out too.😊

• Like 1