Invisioncic script errors

I have observed regular script errors from Invisioncic. They are triggered with near certainty when refreshing the page(s) on the forum. I have confirmed this behavior on 3 different browsers.

Does anybody have any details, solutions, fixes...?

If needed I also could provide copy and pastes from the script debugger.

10 minutes ago, toe_head2001 said:

Ok, but that's technically not an error. Firefox is just telling you that the script is taking a long time to execute.

That is a more precise description. I should have also noted that they tend to last in the ballpark of 10-15 seconds.

As a side note(however helpful it may/may not be); My main browser is Pale Moon which I use for 99+% of all browsing. For those who don't know; it is long split off from FF and attempts to remain a true open source browser.

The forum appeared to be very moody in it so I pulled it up in various backup browsers. For my crazy tech needs(that I won't get into here) I keep just about every browser installed for all kinds of testing/comparison purposes. If a site/page just can't work on PM I might try other browsers and see what happens.

Lately, I had PDN Forum pages up in SeaMonkey- but the hangs seem to be the same. I also tested it out in FF(on the latest and a much older version) and the results were indistinguishable.

3 minutes ago, Apollo702 said:

The forum appeared to be very moody in it so I pulled it up in various backup browsers. For my crazy tech needs(that I won't get into here) I keep just about every browser installed for all kinds of testing/comparison purposes. If a site/page just can't work on PM I might try other browsers and see what happens.

Lately, I had PDN Forum pages up in SeaMonkey- but the hangs seem to be the same. I also tested it out in FF(on the latest and a much older version) and the results were indistinguishable.

Perhaps all your browsers are struggling because of your hardware. I don't know.

How old is the processor in your computer?

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

At the moment I am on a backup computer with 2010 hardware. I will test it on the soon to be rebuilt main rig and report back.

Also, I should point out that I get the hangs much more on the main index. If I were to refresh individual pages/topics(such as this one) they are much less likely to happen.

I just installed Pale Moon browser and got this error message upon loading the Paint.NET Forum's URL:
'This website does not supply ownership information'!

In order for it to load the web page, it had to get a security authorization.

The authorization was attributed to Amazon for my installation. Now all is well.

I also use several browsers to test web designs.
I use Chrome, Edge, Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Opera on Windows 10 1903. They work fine for me when accessing the Paint.NET forum.

Edited by HyReZ

2 hours ago, HyReZ said:

I just installed Pale Moon browser and got this error message upon loading the Paint.NET Forum's URL:

So the Certificate Store in Pale Moon is outdated... No surprise there.  Feel free to report the issue to the Pale Moon folks.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png

13 hours ago, HyReZ said:

The authorization was attributed to Amazon for my installation. Now all is well.

I also use several browsers to test web designs.
I use Chrome, Edge, Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Opera on Windows 10 1903. They work fine for me when accessing the Paint.NET forum.

For PM I never got the certificate issue. I can't help but wonder if it came from a fresh installation of it???

Do you run NoScript on any of(the compatible) browsers?

As a side note; I probably wont ever go into detail about what kind of tech work that I do. I come here to talk about digital art. Just know that part of what I do is going on a ludicrous number of sites/pages a day and these script errors are rare.

Right now my PM is down to 689 tabs and the only other (well known)site that gives it regular script errors is YouTube- and there may be an other extension conflict or two that I am soon going to experiment on fixing.

12 hours ago, toe_head2001 said:

So the Certificate Store in Pale Moon is outdated... No surprise there.  Feel free to report the issue to the Pale Moon folks. 

It would be better if I didn't. It would be better if a senior member(perhaps you?) did it- and be prepared for the very special personalities of the PM developers... There is a chance that they may handle it well and beyond that I will say no more 🤐.

31 minutes ago, HyReZ said:

I have no interest in your employment. I responded to your query because I thought that it had something to do with Paint.NET, it appears that it doe not.

Why are you so harsh with me? This isn't the first time. If some day I ran over your puppy and didn't realize it I am sorry!

I gave a context on the high volume of web browsing that I do and the infrequency of the errors. It is about narrowing down the issue.

Also, I have to state that I am here for the art- not for anything else- otherwise I would come under attack for mentioning the tech use out of context. In recent times I have grown art happy.

47 minutes ago, HyReZ said:

I responded to your query because I thought that it had something to do with Paint.NET, it appears that it doe not.

Relax HyReZ. It has something to do with the paint.net forum, which Apollo702 clearly stated in the opening post. The forum is part of the PDN world.

1 hour ago, Apollo702 said:

and be prepared for the very special personalities of the PM developers... There is a chance that they may handle it well and beyond that I will say no more 🤐.

Yes, I well aware of the situation with them. There was some speculation on Reddit a while ago that moonchild is a autistic savant.

bp-sig.png

3 hours ago, Apollo702 said:

For PM I never got the certificate issue. I can't help but wonder if it came from a fresh installation of it???

Indeed it was. I have never heard of Pale Moon browser until your query.
As I stated above; after I got the security certificate from Amazon, all was well with the browser.

BTW:

You are the one that brought up the issue of your cryptic employment issue and how you would not reveal it. Why bring it up at all if you are not going to talk about it and it is not relevant to the issue? No one ask about it and I am sincerely not concerned about it!

If you consider my lack of concern as an 'attack', you are being sensitive and may not understand the term!

I will say it once and that will be it.

I will keep things hush-hush as a matter of policy and that is not going to change. I have seen other folks who perhaps owned a business- or had something that could have been misinterpreted, went into a forum and in their posts (probably inadvertently) gave out details that they perhaps should have held back and got accused of spamming. Perhaps they could have worded a thing or two differently and then the whole thing went sideways.

I will stay mysterious because I am not going down that road. That is the last that will be said about this.

You have it wrong again.
I care about your post. What I don't care about is why you want to share with us that you have a 'mystery' and that you are so 'cryptic'!
No I don't care about your 'secret'. A secret that we would not even know that you had until you hinted around about it and that is not relevant to the query anyway!
If that is your desire I will leave you to your drama and secrets Mr. Sensitive.

Edited by HyReZ