2 Frame GIF Animation

HyReZ

<3 @HyReZ!

I've tried. When saving there is always error message. Of course I didn't understand.

Application version: paint.net 4.1.7 (α 4.107.7079.30132)  

System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Int32 PaintDotNet.Data.Quantize.PaletteTable.FindClosestPaletteIndex(System.Drawing.Color)'.    at PropertyBasedFileTypes.ImAgifFileType.OnSaveT(Document input, Stream output, PropertyBasedSaveConfigToken token, Surface scratchSurface, ProgressEventHandler progressCallback)    at PaintDotNet.FileType.Save(Document input, Stream output, SaveConfigToken token, Surface scratchSurface, ProgressEventHandler callback, Boolean rememberToken) in D:\src\pdn\src\Data\FileType.cs:line 353    at PaintDotNet.Dialogs.SaveConfigDialog.<>c__DisplayClass48_0.<UpdatePreviewAsync>b__0() in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Dialogs\SaveConfigDialog.cs:line 604    at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---    at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)    at PaintDotNet.Dialogs.SaveConfigDialog.<UpdatePreviewAsync>d__48.MoveNext() in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Dialogs\SaveConfigDialog.cs:line 623

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

I am sure that I can't tell what is going on in your error log.

I have not installed the current Paint.NET Alpha (α 4.107.7079.30132).

I have successfully used Midora's AGIF Plugin with earlier versions of Paint.NET

and with more complicated animations than the one explained in this tutorial.
The plugin may have to be re-coded to perform in the newer PDN versions.

My hope is that some of our forum members can help get to a solution

to this problem that you are experiencing!

Edited by HyReZ
  • Like 1

I am using the same version as @Seerose and it works fine.

jump-out-2.gif

As @Seerose made it up to the point of saving - it means she must have the correct things in the correct folders?

Perhaps @toe_head2001 or @BoltBait or any other computer savvy gobbledegook reader, can shed some light on the error message 😁

• Like 2

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

18 minutes ago, Seerose said:

<3 @HyReZ! <3 @Pixey! <3 @BoltBait!

Thanks to all so much for stopping by to comment
All plugins are up-to-date. Nevertheless I can not save picture. :cake: :cake: :cake::coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

Just for interest @Seerose can you try to do this tutorial and see if it works.

• Like 1

30b8T8B.gif

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

@HyReZ I believe @Seerose's problem is when she tries to Save As:    Animated GIF (*.agif)

I suggested she try the other tutorial as the settings will be different to yours.  It was just an idea to see what happens.

30b8T8B.gif

@Pixey
I changed two settings from those that are default. I dropped the amount of colors to 8 and the Threshold alpha to 255 transparency.
She can reset back to default with tab at the bottom of the save option.

BTW:
What settings did you use?

Edited by HyReZ

@HyReZ when I made the Jump Out gif, I used your settings exactly as yours and it worked just fine.  So it's a mystery as to why @Seerosecan't get it to save 😨

30b8T8B.gif

56 minutes ago, Pixey said:

File-Type-Folder.png

I see that you have the AminGIF.dll in you Filetype folder, yet you had no problem with your project.
In the readme document of the ImAGIF plugin, 
Midora states:

"Follow the instructions carefully
- Unzip the archive
- Copy the two files ImAGIF.FileType.dll/.dlc to the Paint.NET\FileTypes\ folder
  (a typical location is C:\Program Files\paint.net\FileTypes).
- To avoid conflicts with other filetype plugins which support the same 
  extension you should remove or disable them (
i.e. AnimGIF.dll).
To verify the installation you should restart Paint.NET and check that in the 
filetype popup of the open file selector dialog is an entry starting with AGIF."

The mystery persist!

@welshblue

Nice job!

BTW:
ImGIF processes the project from the bottom layer up

Edited by HyReZ