Unfriendly operations

Suggestions:

See the security check when posting here in the forum?

The default operation is select and drag away as it is !!! Wonderful !!

Why in hell the default operation in P.n is a tool that drags away the image? Bad.

Why in heaven you show area down in toolbar? I need the relation between H/V or x/y so, when I copy a piece, I know it is in the same proportion, not distorted.

About copy and paste... you made it the worst possible way, the hardest.

Why just don't Select (with what should be the default tool) , ctrl+C, select where it must go with the help of the h/v relation (that does not exists) and ctrl+V ?

Please, take a look at XnView (the software).

When selecting a square, focus, bright, effects should only take effect in this selected piece but it is impossible.

When picking a color from the image, soon after clicking, the tool should return immediately to the last used (pen, brush...)

I still don't know how to select a pen, click in a color, and paint with the selected color. After trying tenths of times, I discovered that I must press 'esc' or 'enter' before using any tool.

You may know Xara, a fistful of good softwares but known as the most unfriendly group of softwares.  P.n is close to it.

Draw a line from up there to down there. If you miss one pixel, bye bye. must do everything again because a line is not a line. They are 3. Impossible to correct on pixel.

By default, it should not be blended. Should be 1 pixel.

I have been trying p.n for years but always gave up because of these and many many unfriendly and impossible operations that should be simple.

I found no bug in paint.net. It is just hard to "guess" the 'how to' of the basic operations.

Maybe some of these lines lead to a better software.

Good luck.

Suggestions:

See the security check when posting here in the forum?

The default operation is select and drag away as it is !!! Wonderful !!

Why in hell the default operation in P.n is a tool that drags away the image? Bad.

Why in heaven you show area down in toolbar? I need the relation between H/V or x/y so, when I copy a piece, I know it is in the same proportion, not distorted.

About copy and paste... you made it the worst possible way, the hardest.

Why just don't Select (with what should be the default tool) , ctrl+C, select where it must go with the help of the h/v relation (that does not exists) and ctrl+V ?

Please, take a look at XnView (the software).

When selecting a square, focus, bright, effects should only take effect in this selected piece but it is impossible.

When picking a color from the image, soon after clicking, the tool should return immediately to the last used (pen, brush...)

I still don't know how to select a pen, click in a color, and paint with the selected color. After trying tenths of times, I discovered that I must press 'esc' or 'enter' before using any tool.

You may know Xara, a fistful of good softwares but known as the most unfriendly group of softwares.  P.n is close to it.

Draw a line from up there to down there. If you miss one pixel, bye bye. must do everything again because a line is not a line. They are 3. Impossible to correct on pixel.

By default, it should not be blended. Should be 1 pixel.

I have been trying p.n for years but always gave up because of these and many many unfriendly and impossible operations that should be simple.

I found no bug in paint.net. It is just hard to "guess" the 'how to' of the basic operations.

Maybe some of these lines lead to a better software.

Good luck.

I understand that English may not be your native language, but some of this is nonsensical. :(

I would recommend that you take a look at some of the documentation:

https://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/SettingsDialog.html#3

• Like 1

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

1 hour ago, mark2 said:

Paint.net is BY FAR the most intuitive image editing software I've used. If you're finding it that difficult to use - you're probably using a technique or process that can be vastly improved.

• Like 1