Paint.net Broken?

Timbo128

Hi-

UGH!.... Paint.net updated last week and all was fine, until now... If I go to use the text tool and click on the field where cursor is, it just leaves a little

blinking dot. Changing Text size changes nothing. The problem: Can't type text- nothing happens.

I've a few plugin's installed, can't remember which packages and really don't want to re-install.

Is there a procedure to repair Paint.net, without an uninstall?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated... Thank you!

Timbo

1. Make sure you have no selection active by pressing Ctrl + D to deselect.

2. Try setting the Font Metric to Fixed (96 DPI). This is a new setting - find it in the tool bar beside the font size

fontsizemetric.png

If you have this set on Points, the font size will scale with the image size. Fixed (96 DPI) was the font sizing system prior to 4.1 (https://www.getpaint.net/roadmap.html).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rick Brewster said:

@Pixey, that's probably not necessary :) See @Ego Eram Reputo's reply above

Sorry, I was just answering the poster's question about how to Repair paint.net without re-installing.  At least he knows now, if he ever needs it :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

12 hours ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

1. Make sure you have no selection active by pressing Ctrl + D to deselect.

2. Try setting the Font Metric to Fixed (96 DPI). This is a new setting - find it in the tool bar beside the font size

fontsizemetric.png

If you have this set on Points, the font size will scale with the image size. Fixed (96 DPI) was the font sizing system prior to 4.1 (https://www.getpaint.net/roadmap.html).

Thanks, Ego... I think I've found the issue... it was a particular photo from the internet that I was going to generate

a meme from- a .jpg. The issue, whatever it is, was the problem, something in the photo.

The Paint.net program works fine with everything else... I went into the program, copied all the plugins I had installed

in the 'Effects' file to Desktop, uninstalled Paint.net, installed a fresh install, and pasted the 'Effects' folder into the 

fresh install. All seems well now.

Thank you!

Timbo 

44 minutes ago, Pixey said:

To Repair:

This PC > OS(C:) > Program Files > paint.net > Scroll to PdnRepair.exe

Pixey, thank you so much!... I took the long way home, as stated in my last reply to Ego.

Now I know!

Have a great weekend, and thanks again.

Timbo

• Upvote 1