How to Install Plugins ×

BoltBait's Plugin Pack for PdN v4.2.12 and beyond (Updated July 16, 2020)

BoltBait

59 minutes ago, BoltBait said:

@BillWoo This can be done 2 ways easily:

If you want to "stroke" the selection outline (marching ants) do it this way:

1. Start by calculating the width of all strokes you wish to add.  In your example above, it might be 27 (5 px per color, and 2 for the black line)
  2. Starting with the innermost color, stroke (Effects > Selection > Outline Selection) the innermost color with a width of 27. Click OK.
  3. Working outwards, stroke each color with a width of the previous stroke minus the width of the current color (5px), so 22 for the second color. Click OK.
  4. Finish by feathering the selection.

If you want to "stroke" an object (pixels surrounded by transparent pixels) do it this way:

1. Press Ctrl+D to clear out any selection you might have.
  2. Start with the innermost color and stroke (Effects > Object > Outline Object) the innermost color with the width of that color, so 5. Click OK.
  3. Working outwards, stroke each color with the desired width. Click OK

Thanks for yout response !  The process you describe is what I did to produce the graphic you see in the picture :)

What interests me is to;

1) find a way to keep your filter's window open while performing multiple strokes.

2) in the long run, assuming I attain competency in creating a plug-in, and can evaluate the feasibility of the idea, I'd like to run some kind of batch multi-stroke operation based on parameters I supply. I am an accomplished C# programmer.

It may interest/amuse you to know I was one of the authors of Cricket Draw 1,1, and later, at Adobe, one of the authors of Illustrator 3.2, and 5.0, as well as one of a team of four who created the prototype for what became Acrobat. My specialty was PostScript.

That was a long time ago, and, now, I'm just another old bum, retired, happily, in Thailand who designs rings as a kind of hobby=business, and who mentors other programmers on CodeProject :)

cheers, Bill

Edited by BillWoo
minor content revision

• 1 month later...
On 7/18/2020 at 1:58 PM, Andrej59 said:

It's just amazing what you can do with coding!

I feel the same way. I wish someone would help me port DataJuggler.PixelDatabase to a Paint.Net plug-in. 

All I need is a text box and a button.

Any volunteers?

Everything you can do here and more

https://pixeldatabase.net

Nuget: DataJuggler.PixelDatabase for (latest release is for .NET6)

Here is a gray scale example that I think is cool:

Turn the red car to white (files attached)

Update
Set Grayscale Red
Where
RedMaxDiff > 0
Y > 761

Would this make a good plugin?

Car.png

Car White Gray.png

Edited by DataJuggler

That effect can be easily done with 2 plugins in my plugin pack:

image.png

Start by duplicating the layer, so you have 2 copies.

Next, run Adjustments > Black and White+ and choose the "Lightness Method" on the bottom layer.

Finally, run Adjustments > Hue/Saturation+ on the top layer giving the entries shown above.

• Thanks 1
  • Hooray 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Please speak in English @LeoTurot :)

Do you have the Classic (free version) or the Store bought version of Paint.net?  What is happening when you try to download?

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

16 minutes ago, LeoTurot said:

I've been trying to install your plugins for days, but I can't.😪

I can't quite see your screen from here... could you post a picture of any error messages you're receiving... or at least describe what happens to make you think it's not working.

25 minutes ago, Patapin said:

I would like to donate, how can I do it

@BoltBait has a donate button in the first post, to the right of the download button.

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

• BoltBait unpinned this topic
  • 7 months later...

i want the old bevel to work on 5.0.9
i tried and chatgpt didint understand about it, is there some explanation about the old bevel?

What exactly is it about the current object bevel plugin that is not working correctly for you ?

Last time you just said of the old effect that "people say its better" without you actually being aware of the differences.

On 9/13/2023 at 3:32 AM, Tactilis said:

What exactly is it about the current object bevel plugin that is not working correctly for you ?

Last time you just said of the old effect that "people say its better" without you actually being aware of the differences.

someone already showed the differences

ill show them again

v6.0:

image.thumb.png.3f4ba4b4b887e483846744ea2c8b36f7.png

v5.0:

image.png.ff49ae189e2384684e856d55762fde03.png

• 2 months later...
16 minutes ago, Sukju said:

I got a error message about LevelHorizon.dll.

LevelHorizon.dll dose not work in paint.net 5.0.11.

Did you note the first post in this topic https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/113220-boltbaits-plugin-pack-for-pdn-v4212-and-beyond-updated-july-16-2020/ which says:

Note: This is an older version of my plugin pack for paint.net v4.2.12.
For the most recent version, go here:
https://forums.getpaint.net/BoltBaitPluginPack

You'll need to download and install the version of the plugin pack that is compatible with paint.net 5.0.11