Idea - Note textbox feature for Paint.NET

I know one can just type in Paint.NET to make sort of note, but I'm more of thinking about a textbox where you can type in notes without intrusive layers or having to use notepad. It'll make it easier for users of other programs to convert from their respective file format to .pdn to get similar effects, and sharing templates with instructions will allow users to replicate styles of other images.

G'MIC Filter Developer

I am away from this forum for undetermined amount of time: If you really need anything related to my PDN plugin or my G'MIC filter within G'MIC plugin, then you can contact me via Paint.NET discord, and mention me.

There are multiple text-formation plugins by Author dpy. You should put text always in a new layer.

dpy Circle Text Writes text into a circle, or on an angle. dpy's Pack

dpy Rotate Text Write text to the canvas at an angle. The dll named RotateTextSUI.dll is enhanced for larger displays. dpy's Pack

dpy Speech Bubble Write speech bubbles and text directly to the canvas. dpy's Pack

dpy Spiral Text ver 1.2 Writes text on a spiral. dpy's Pack

dpy Text+ Render text specifying line spacing, location, direction, color and font pitch. Useful for when you need precise placement of text.

Edited by IRON67

Putting text into a new layer is not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about having a textbox outside of the working space where you can store note, but it is prominent. This is great for providing .pdn template and tutorial without a intrusive layer.

G'MIC Filter Developer

I am away from this forum for undetermined amount of time: If you really need anything related to my PDN plugin or my G'MIC filter within G'MIC plugin, then you can contact me via Paint.NET discord, and mention me.

3 minutes ago, Reptillian said:

I'm talking about having a textbox outside of the working space

Okay, I understand. I'd rather realising this in post production of the video (?) tutorial with the desired presentation software.

Yup. ^^ Me too.

I particularly use the layer name space to describe fonts (size, name, italic, bold etc...). That way I can easily find the parameters to replace text if needed.