Ghost-Dreamer's Gallery (updated 26Jan09)

Ghost-Dreamer

I've been lurking these forums for a while now and decided it's high time I share some of the work I've done with this wonderful program :mrgreen:

I'm an amateur photographer but also like to spend time on photo manipulations, you can find all my work on deviantArt. I use Paint.NET to clean up and border my photo's and for any and all photo manipulations.

Some samples of recent and older work:

I'll leave it at those for now, there's many more, any feedback / comments and suggestions are highly appreciated :)

Cheers,

Ghost

u made this 100% pdn cuz this is amazing

Thank you very much :mrgreen: these are all photo manipulations, I.e. photo's were used as the base which I then coloured, cut, blended, molded, reshaped, blurred, etc in a variety of ways in Paint.NET.

The top one (space) has only two actual photo's in it (everything else was created in PdN), the second one consists of 4 major images (dragon statue, fire fractal, Castle and moon/clouds background), the third one has a few more images in it.

Nothing different from what most artists do in PhotoShop but done 100% in Paint.NET :mrgreen:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Very enjoyable gallery! I like Orgins and Dragon Re-born, perhaps due to my own feelings about the cosmos. I visited your DA gallery for the full views and in answer to your question on Orgins, yes, the stars were not very visible as you thought. Maybe a little more brightness/contrast on the starfield? I also took a quick walk thru the rest of your gallery. A lot of really good work!

Thank you very much, for the wonderful comment and the feedback :mrgreen: glad you enjoyed the gallery.

The problems with the stars in origins (as well as Remember Algernon and U.H.R. Explorer) turned out to be files size. The stars are bright but to small to show up on the limited 800x600 previews on DeviantArt, if you click on the download link you get the image in true full view 2520 x 1920 and they show up without any problems. Annoying to be honest, I'm contemplating making them bigger but don't want them to big as they're supposed to be distant, still playing around with that problem :)

Yes, I've had the same difficulty when down-sizeing an image with stars, it can be annoying. I've had some work out ok by playing with the brightness/contrast right after the noise render which seems to help. I've also found that adding a small touch of glitter helps the depth of field for distance. A small work around but sometimes helpful.

I'm fairly new here, but I thought the least I could do was just say how totally awesome your works are. My favourites are the first and the last, however the third one with the glowing ball is very intrigueing. You've obviously put a lot of effort into this.

Tommy.

Thank you very much, I'm actually also new to this forum but I've been using PdN for about 8 months now, it's a really easy program to learn and use :mrgreen:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
That sounds good Ghost-Dreamer :)

Keep posting, i like your pictures. 10+ for you :)

I will :D thanks again for the encouraging feedback.

Some really great stuff, from the pics I'm going to assume that your hand-drawing skills are good. :P That's assuming you use them here, which it seems is the case, but I may be wrong.

Thank you very much for the compliment :mrgreen: but actually none of these are hand-drawn, my drawing skills are very rusty to say the least (I haven't drawn in 20 years). They're all photo manipulations; I.e. pictures that I've merged together, given a theme and added a background and other things to (in the space pictures for instance I've used a texture to make the planets and added everything else in PdN. You can find the base pictures by following the links under each image if you like.