WOTW 29 Discussion Thread

Possum Roadkill

WOTW-1.png

WOTW # 29 Theme is Masks WINNERS ON PAGE 2 !

WOTW Comp Rules: All submissions must be created in Paint.net with the exception of renders and stock photos when allowed.

Minimum size is 800 X 600. There is no maximum size, but keep in mind that people will want to look at your image

and if it takes too long to load, they may not look at it.

Please try to make your image in the proportion of a Wallpaper, because this is a Wallpaper comp. (Duh!)

NO PLACEHOLDERS Do not post an entry until it is a finished product. NO WIPS !

Obviously you cannot use the stocks or renders as your entire submission, so the majority of your image should be

created in Paint.net.

Special rule # 5. Do not anger the Possum.

WOTW # 25 – Masks

Theme Rules. Please read this !

Theme is " Masks "

You are to create a mask. You may use any texture or material you can fabricate using Paint.net.

Your mask can be a tribal mask, a theater mask, a super hero or super villain mask.

It can be based on a real mask or it can be complete fantasy. The choice is yours.

You MAY NOT use Stocks or renders !

You must use only Paint.net.

NO OTHER PROGRAMS MAY BE USED.

This comp will run for TWO Weeks + !

DO NOT Post your entries in this thread. PM your entries to me and I will post them as they come in.

Entry period for this competition will run through 8:00 p.m. Friday evening (January 28th, 2011), U.S. Eastern Daylight Savings Time.

All submissions entered up to this time will be allowed.

If you have any questions, post them in the Discussion Thread or PM Possum Roadkill. I would be happy to help anyone interested.

Edited by Possum Roadkill

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

Sorry it took me so long to get this round going. My dog ate my homework.....

You should see what my ratties chewed! :lol: Power supply cord to the pc & my hearing aid. Whatever we do, we need to keep those dogs & ratties apart or there'll be nothing left!

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

You should see what my ratties chewed! :lol: Power supply cord to the pc & my hearing aid. Whatever we do, we need to keep those dogs & ratties apart or there'll be nothing left!

Oh No !!!!

OK ! We have no entries ! So, since everyone is apparently busy with the holidays and the end of the year, I'm going to put this comp on hold for a few days. I'll come up with a new theme in the mean time. If anyone has any ideas, feel free to send me a PM or post it here.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry but I need to delay the WOTW for a while longer. I have meningitis and am not doing very well. I hope to be up and around in a few days.

No problem delaying the competition.

Concentrate on getting better, that's way more important.

Edited by blackpenny

Take your time, get well, and dont worry about delaying the comp. Its no big deal.

Wait! No matter where you go, there you are!

We're all wise guys.

I should be back on my feet in a day or so. I've been thinking about what to do on the next round. Somewhere out of my delirium I came up with the idea of masks. Still working out the details. Can't keep my mind on things for very long yet, but it's getting better. Had a funny thing happen today, I had to write some checks to pay some bills and had a real hard time writing out the checks and signing my name. I bet my next venture into Paint.net will be interesting.

Take care all, see you soon.

Possum

Good to hear you are on the mend. Take all the time you need. Your health is the mot important thing. Great theme/idea!

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

The WOTW is back in action with a new theme ! This is going to be a two week round to give everyone time to settle in and brain storm up some great ideas. Since this will be a two week comp, I'm thinking about bringing back one of the others for a week for those of you who aren't inspired by this theme or who are chomping at the bit for something else to do. B) So, what do you all want? Space Art or Photo Manip? Give me your vote and what you think a good theme might be. We can all chew it over and see what we can come up with.

I will be in and out over the next couple of days. I'm starting to feel a lot better and I had my new laptop delivered the day I went back to work. I am soooooo stoked ! I now have a shiny new red Dell 17" Core i7 Windows 7 Pro, Nvidia 1 gig video behemoth chompin at the bit right next to me. I have so many plugins to install I don't know where to start. :lol:

p.s. Thanks for all the support while I was down. You guys are the best.

Possum

Oops ! Double post !

Edited by Possum Roadkill

It`s great to see you getting back to your old self again Possum. And a nice new lappie too! ;)

Thanks mate ! I am almost done setting up Paint.net. What an amazing amount of plugins there are for this program. I'm exhausted.

glad your feeling better :D

Thanks, I appreciate it. Now if my creativity would just come back ! =O

OK we have our first entry !