av2xh6.png

av3:

avbe1.png

av4:

av4.png

av5:

av5.png

OTHER

One of the very first things I made in Paint.NET. His name is Crunchy. Don't ask why.

apav.png

Here's the book burning from today (May 11):

th_P1280010.jpgth_P1280011.jpgth_P1280012.jpgth_P1280013.jpgth_P1280014.jpgth_P1280015.jpgth_P1280016.jpgth_P1280017.jpg

BIKE STICK MAN

bikestickman.png

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

This was an SVG, saved as a PNG. I didn't make it.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x302/illusionaryz/pyrochilds-first-svg.png

The SVG used is below:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
br />  "http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/1.1/DTD/svg11.dtd">

width="467" height="462">
     fill="#ff0000" stroke="#000000" stroke-width="2px" />

fill="#0000ff" stroke="#000000" stroke-width="2px"
     fill-opacity="0.7" />

Any questions?

Can you give us something better than a HTML script which we can't use on this forum?

I had an SVG file attached (And it's XML not HTML) but BoltBait told me no attachments in this forum.

You can just copy the code, save it as an SVG file, and open it with GIMP or Firefox.

xZYt6wl.png

I had an SVG file attached (And it's XML not HTML) but BoltBait told me no attachments in this forum.

You can just copy the code, save it as an SVG file, and open it with GIMP or Firefox.

I still don't get it.

So, what does happen if I opened the SVG file then?

I still don't get it.

SVG files are text files consisting of XML to build an image. HTML is a specific type of XML used to build web-pages. If you copy the code into notepad and save it as wow.svg (in the same way you save a HTML file) you can then open it in GIMP.

Ah, I see.

I still don't get it.

So, what does happen if I opened the SVG file then?

Open it in Firefox, and experience the vast world of vector graphics in a web browser!

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

SVG is a text-based image format that can easily be resized up or down without losing any quality whatsoever. It can get extremely complex, so you really don't have to worry about understanding all of it. Especially very complicated ones, like the Firefox logo: (the below is just a snippet)

]>

Firefox Logo
Firefox logo in SVG, authored by Jon Hicks, made in Adobe Illustrator  (file format cleaned up and slightly modified by Doug Schepers)

xZYt6wl.png

Oma scrambles for her book on xml and html. would you beleive I think I do understand a bit of that with out even researching it further. except of course that section near the end which is just all numbers. I'm going to make the assumption they would be coordinates. well off for my book see I've some studying to do. This actually makes more sense to me than the C# book I've read 4 times now and still don't quite get.

pyrochild you said you were how old? It still amazes me how very sophisticated you young folk are.

I'm going to make the assumption they would be coordinates.

I don't even know. Probably coordinates. I've only just started the SVG plugin, and haven't finished reading the specifications yet. The red-and-blue-rounded-squares image is about as complex of an image as it can load right now... Attempting to load anything more complex either results in a blank canvas or a mostly blank canvas with a few rectangles. :D

He is 17.

Yep.

xZYt6wl.png

I've seen a couple on .NET, but they all only had very basic (rectangles and squares) functionality as well.

Besides, I'm doing this more as a coding exercise than anything else. Most vector creation programs already have the ability to export in a raster format...

xZYt6wl.png

Are there not public algorithms for converting SVGs into bitmaps?

It doesn't work like that.

Your telling me that when you open an image, the filetype plugin doesnt have any form of unpacking or packing the information? From the common sense that I retain, I am fairly sure that there has to be an algorithm for Paint.NET to be able to handle the image.

signature.png

Is this passion fruit...? :?

No, this is SVG Import.

Passion fruit should be ready within a week of Paint.NET 3.30 final.

sabrown and Mike Ryan, you're both complication things more than they ought to be.

barkbark: Firefox is open source.... I could grab the code from there and use it here, but... I'm not gonna.

xZYt6wl.png