How to fix the extra pixels?

did you have this on two layers still or is it flattened?

either way pixel art this in.

or I generally keep things separate, her bodice on one layer the face on another and the hair on another etc.

color each area then

magic wand turn tolerance down to 0

touch wand to transparent portion of the layer outside figure

contol i

eye drop the color you want

new transparent layer below your picture.

and paint bucket your selection.

merge

this is done each portion before I merge the picture parts together.

If you draw your lines with anti-aliasing off ( :AntiAliasingOff: ), it'll work better.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

did you have this on two layers still or is it flattened?

either way

magic wand turn tolerance down to 0

touch wand to white outside figure

contol i

eye drop your color brown

new transparent layer below your picture.

and paint bucket your selection.

merge

The problem with that is, on the outside edge of your black lines (where the pixels are semi-transparent) you end up with solid brown underneath. That brown increases the overall perceived opacity and makes the lines look jaggie.

If I am working with lines that are fully opaque in the center on a transparent background, I will increase the tolerance to 68-70 and select inside the shape and then drop my fill into the layer below my lines.

If the line is very thin (i.e., center line is not entirely opaque), a tolerance of 10-12 works pretty good.

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

AA lines to begin with, Alpha masking, 'Transparency Adjustment', 'Channel Blur', 'Basic Anti-Alias' and blending modes(mostly 'Additive' and 'Multiply'). Those are the tools I use to retain smooth lines.

Feather just seems a little too hacky to me...sorry BoltBait! :(

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

If you draw your lines with anti-aliasing off ( :AntiAliasingOff: ), it'll work better.

You know, I've been meaning to ask about this but . . . well, I haven't. My question is this: how often do you use the line/curve tool, bucket, brush, clone stamp, etc., with anti-aliasing off ( :AntiAliasingOff: ) ? When and why?

I keep AA set to "on" pretty much by default, and rarely give it any thought. Apparently, my brain has been set to "off" by default. Is there a rule of thumb, here (besides to set my brain to "on")?

1223994961_newstonesoup.png

... I should have been a pair of ragged claws ... - T.S. Eliot

Taboo Monkey Blue Blog: Writing on Writing - Sudoku Tips and Tricks - The Greatest Maze