Render Help?!

Alright, I was wondering if there is a way to download renders, because I noticed that when I went to Effects -> Renders that there were a few ones there already. Is it possible to download renders? I know how to install plug-ins, but I want to be able to download renders.

Oh, and I also noticed that when I downloaded the Ed-Harvey effect package or whatever, there was like 5 new renders in Effects -> Renders.

Thanks in advance.

satanuus-1.png

^Click for my forum! Register now and become a "Gfx Pro" (Graphics Pro) !

What do you mean when you refer to renders? Usually, when people say Renders, they mean 3D renders of video game characters or something of a similar sort. The effects in Effects > Render are place in that category if the result of the plugin can start with nothing and generate its own result, as opposed to effects that manipulate the current layer contents.

That being said, by downloading the effects that place themselves in the Render category, you can boost that number. For instance, my Effects > Render menu looks like so:

render.png

No, I don't know why I have two TreeGen effects... >_>

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

No. The renders there are just images.

In this case, the term 'Render' refers to an effect creating something out of nothing (only to destroy it)[/norma jean reference]

---

The exception to the something out of nothing "rule" is Shape3D. It can only alter what's already on the layer.

Oh, so I copy and paste the render onto my Paint.NET layer?

satanuus-1.png

What do you mean when you refer to renders? Usually, when people say Renders, they mean 3D renders of video game characters or something of a similar sort. The effects in Effects > Render are place in that category if the result of the plugin can start with nothing and generate its own result, as opposed to effects that manipulate the current layer contents.

That being said, by downloading the effects that place themselves in the Render category, you can boost that number. For instance, my Effects > Render menu looks like so:

[image]

You have three. :P And what in the world is "Cascade"...?

That's correct. Then from there you can just edit it however you see fit.

I gotchya. But it sucks because when I use the wand to get rid of the black background so I can add effects to it, there's still little black bits sticking out of the image, if you know what I'm talking about. I used the Feather effect, and it helped a little bit, but there still is sharp (and jaggedy) edges on my render. :cry:

satanuus-1.png

Have a Search around to find a tutorial called 'Cutting Out Images the Easy Way!' as this will help you cut out your characters better than using the Magic Wand exclusively.

However, I would recommend using an alpha mask instead (plugin | tutorial) as it can give a far superior cut and make it look far more professional. The steps are virtually the same as the Cutting Out tutorial mentioned above, only with the addition of using a plugin at the end.

Up to you, both work, although one moreso than the other ;).

Try this. viewtopic.php?f=15&t=4841&start=60

It's a little longer, but you get nice smooth edges.

And coupled with Alpha Mask (Plugin|Tutorial) it's an unstoppable background removing force! (I've always wanted to say something like that. :wink:)

---

And I agree. What's Cascade? :shock: A super early version of Gradient Bars none of us are supposed to know about?

[CMD pulls out MIB style neurolizer]

---

....A hex on you, Myrddin, for stealing my thunder! (as well as my method of referring to Alpha Mask) :wink:

....A hex on you, Myrddin, for stealing my thunder! (as well as my method of referring to Alpha Mask) :wink:
;) Yeah well, I did use it from one of my earlier posts, it's practically a duplicate, but this is where CMD comes along and claims fame to the method instead...

@satanuus: not a problem, just spreadin' the love.

render.png

you have 3 :D

edit:

by the way can i have the render human plugin please :)

...No, I don't know why I have two TreeGen effects... >_>

You have three. :P And what in the world is "Cascade"...?

No, I have GenTree and two TreeGen. :P

I liked both MadJik's old GenTree result and the new TreeGen result, so I kept both.

Cascade is my own edit of the original CodeLab script that pyrochild made into Gradient Bars. The original CodeLab script pyro posted faded from white to alpha. I edited it so it faded from the primary color to alpha and added in a CodeLab 2-slider UI, one to change the seed and the other to stretch the fade length. Then I saved it as a DLL because it was my first time I'd tried editing a CodeLab script and ended up with the effect I wanted. :wink:

You can find the post here:

viewtopic.php?p=48724#p48724

Oh, and by the way, Wither: Norma Jean kicks-awesome. :wink:

Edit: salu, I think pyro would burn me alive if I distributed that plugin... >_>

*cowers in fear*

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

Edit: salu, I think pyro would burn me alive if I distributed that plugin... >_>

*cowers in fear*

Well, you can distribute it, I just don't want a thread for it...
And what in the world is "Cascade"...?

Yip, it was CMD's version of gradient bars.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!