Few features I've been thinking about

stranded

I've been thinking lately and I came up with this:

- importing (at least partially) PSD (Photoshop) files into Paint.net

- improving the fonts menu, when you click on the drop down menu with fonts it takes A LOT if time to load them all

- including all the languages in the install file, the install file is around 3MB now so it won't be bigger than 10MB after adding all the languages to it

- how about a spray tool? i don't mean the lame one like in MS Paint but something like in Photoshop (like a pintbrush with some fading)

- i said it before but i'd really like to change the toolbars on my own (like remove the rulers button and few else) and change the toolbar icons (tango set would be great for paint.net)

- creating a text field should create a new layer with the text so after you want to change something you could move the text as a layer, right now it's like you write something, click away from the text and you cannot even select it

Please respond to my ideas, thanks.

Oh and Paint.net is awesome. :roll:

I've been thinking lately and I came up with this:

- improving the fonts menu, when you click on the drop down menu with fonts it takes A LOT if time to load them all

- including all the languages in the install file, the install file is around 3MB now so it won't be bigger than 10MB after adding all the languages to it

- how about a spray tool? i don't mean the lame one like in MS Paint but something like in Photoshop (like a pintbrush with some fading)

- i said it before but i'd really like to change the toolbars on my own (like remove the rulers button and few else) and change the toolbar icons (tango set would be great for paint.net)

- creating a text field should create a new layer with the text so after you want to change something you could move the text as a layer, right now it's like you write something, click away from the text and you cannot even select it

Please respond to my ideas, thanks.

Oh and Paint.net is awesome. :roll:

I agree that 's pretty disturbing at times, I have to work around it by doing a text on another file, ( transparent layer) then draw a rectangle around it, crop, copy, then paste it in where I need in the file I'm doing my actual work on, so I can move it around later.

Another nice thing to have would be being able to center your ruler that the 0 would be in the middle of your worksheet...

example:

200....:....100....:....0....:....100....:....200

instead of:

0....:....100....:....200....:....300....:....400

Maybe someone could do a plugin that could change that, I donno tho. It's part of the original programming so I think it would be something that would have to be done in future versions I would think.

Juds_Fire_sig.png

100% PDN

I agree that 's pretty disturbing at times, I have to work around it by doing a text on another file, ( transparent layer) then draw a rectangle around it, crop, copy, then paste it in where I need in the file I'm doing my actual work on, so I can move it around later.

Another nice thing to have would be being able to center your ruler that the 0 would be in the middle of your worksheet...

example:

200....:....100....:....0....:....100....:....200

instead of:

0....:....100....:....200....:....300....:....400

Maybe someone could do a plugin that could change that, I donno tho. It's part of the original programming so I think it would be something that would have to be done in future versions I would think.

Juds_Fire_sig.png

100% PDN

Just type your text in a new layer.

http://paintdotnet.12.forumer.com/viewt ... 4296#24296

Movable toolbars -- Not gonna happen. In my opinion, it is way way way more trouble than it is worth. (Please do not confuse "toolbar" with the "floating tool windows": Tools, History, Layers, Colors. Those are already movable, dockable, and some are also sizable.)

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

http://paintdotnet.12.forumer.com/viewt ... 4296#24296

Movable toolbars -- Not gonna happen. In my opinion, it is way way way more trouble than it is worth. (Please do not confuse "toolbar" with the "floating tool windows": Tools, History, Layers, Colors. Those are already movable, dockable, and some are also sizable.)

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

try to do that when you edit hundreds of images a day!

And I was NOT talking about MOVING toolbars, I want to customize them. Toolbar is the thing with New, Open, Save etc. icons.

try to do that when you edit hundreds of images a day!

And I was NOT talking about MOVING toolbars, I want to customize them. Toolbar is the thing with New, Open, Save etc. icons.

right now it's like you write something, click away from the text and you cannot even select it

Yeah, I'd like to be able to move text after you done something else, I know there's the rectangle select & then the move selected pixels tools but it'd be nice if the nubby thing that you use to move the text stayed & even if you selected another tool & then came back to the text tool it would be great if the nubs came back then as well.

It would be good if the same thing could happen with the Line / Curves tool as well.

Edited to get the quote thing to work properly.

dA

Son, someday you will make a girl happy for a short period of time. Then she'll leave you & be with men that are ten times

better than you can imagine. These men are called musicians. :D

right now it's like you write something, click away from the text and you cannot even select it

Yeah, I'd like to be able to move text after you done something else, I know there's the rectangle select & then the move selected pixels tools but it'd be nice if the nubby thing that you use to move the text stayed & even if you selected another tool & then came back to the text tool it would be great if the nubs came back then as well.

It would be good if the same thing could happen with the Line / Curves tool as well.

Edited to get the quote thing to work properly.

dA

Son, someday you will make a girl happy for a short period of time. Then she'll leave you & be with men that are ten times

better than you can imagine. These men are called musicians. :D

This can be done with a plugin I believe, I may be wrong.

This may be your computer's issue, not pdn. It opens quickly for me. If you have installed a lot of additional fonts, it will cause that.

I don't think we need to do this. Rick wants to keep the size down as much as possible and they can be found on the forum.

We don't have those type of brushes yet. A lot of people have been saying that lately, but that will not be implemented until next year.

Rick likes functionality and simplicity, I don't think he likes this idea very much at all. This isn't really a "must have" so why bother?

A lot of people has said this, and so has Rick, but he just dose not have the time.

Phew...

Long post...

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"

[ dA Paint.NET Chat :: Yata on dA ]

This may be your computer's issue, not pdn. It opens quickly for me. If you have installed a lot of additional fonts, it will cause that.

I don't think we need to do this. Rick wants to keep the size down as much as possible and they can be found on the forum.

We don't have those type of brushes yet. A lot of people have been saying that lately, but that will not be implemented until next year.

Rick likes functionality and simplicity, I don't think he likes this idea very much at all. This isn't really a "must have" so why bother?

A lot of people has said this, and so has Rick, but he just dose not have the time.

Phew...

Long post...

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"

[ dA Paint.NET Chat :: Yata on dA ]

Huzzah! Here it is! My super searching skills have prevailed! da-da-dadadada-da-dahhhhh! 8)

tagflowsig.png

+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

I am a disco dancer. +_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

Huzzah! Here it is! My super searching skills have prevailed! da-da-dadadada-da-dahhhhh! 8)

tagflowsig.png

+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

I am a disco dancer. +_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

No sir. Photoshop, OpenOffice apps, MS apps - all display fonts really quick. Only pdn does it slow.

No sir. Photoshop, OpenOffice apps, MS apps - all display fonts really quick. Only pdn does it slow.

I know that PS preloads fonts...

So, considering that, PS is just about as slow as PdN.

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

I know that PS preloads fonts...

So, considering that, PS is just about as slow as PdN.

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

How about .... we also read the rules.

http://paintdotnet.12.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=3446

And this,

http://paintdotnet.12.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=3455

Let's get a better title on this thread, shall we?

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

How about .... we also read the rules.

http://paintdotnet.12.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=3446

And this,

http://paintdotnet.12.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=3455

Let's get a better title on this thread, shall we?

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg