Few features I've been thinking about

This may be your computer's issue, not pdn. It opens quickly for me. If you have installed a lot of additional fonts, it will cause that.

No sir. Photoshop, OpenOffice apps, MS apps - all display fonts really quick. Only pdn does it slow.

I agree-displaying fonts should be speeded up.

This may be your computer's issue, not pdn. It opens quickly for me. If you have installed a lot of additional fonts, it will cause that.

No sir. Photoshop, OpenOffice apps, MS apps - all display fonts really quick. Only pdn does it slow.

As said before, programs such as PS preloads fonts. Meaning at the programs start, all the fonts are loaded. Do you not understand how long that would add to the loading time, especially if your not even going to use the font tool?

I prefer the load when we need it rather than the load when we don't. Your going to have to wait either way. Can't we keep PdN's quick start time?

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"

[ dA Paint.NET Chat :: Yata on dA ]

As said before, programs such as PS preloads fonts. Meaning at the programs start, all the fonts are loaded. Do you not understand how long that would add to the loading time, especially if your not even going to use the font tool?

I prefer the load when we need it rather than the load when we don't. Your going to have to wait either way. Can't we keep PdN's quick start time?

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"

[ dA Paint.NET Chat :: Yata on dA ]

How about this: Instead of preloading, which makes me stare at the spash screen far too long, or loading the font list every time I open it, which can be maddening if I don't know what font I actually want to use yet and am just experimenting, this is what we could do:

the fonts could be loaded by a background worker thread. It would be like preloading, except you wouldn't have to wait for it finish before you were able to use the rest of the program. If you happened to open the font list before it was done loading fonts, you would just get the normal wait time, but otherwise the performance would be greatly improved and rival that of programs that preload them.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

How about this: Instead of preloading, which makes me stare at the spash screen far too long, or loading the font list every time I open it, which can be maddening if I don't know what font I actually want to use yet and am just experimenting, this is what we could do:

the fonts could be loaded by a background worker thread. It would be like preloading, except you wouldn't have to wait for it finish before you were able to use the rest of the program. If you happened to open the font list before it was done loading fonts, you would just get the normal wait time, but otherwise the performance would be greatly improved and rival that of programs that preload them.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!