How to Install Plugins ×

Borders N' Shapes

pyrochild

Looks nice, good job.

I found one thing, which isn't important at all.

When you draw an arc and set it to dashed and round the ends, the ends of the last 2 lines aren't rounded :P

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"

[ dA Paint.NET Chat :: Yata on dA ]

Awesome, much more than the border effect I did. The patterns are good and the caps options allow for much more cooler effects with distorting ... etc.

Nice job.

Only thing it needs now is to be able to draw around a lasso select or any selection, that is really the goal that I had in mine, so I can stroke a selection.

Edit, bug? Anti-aliasing option, on even widths, left and top sides are blurred or transparent. It doesn't do this on odd widths.

shapethingap8.th.jpg

This will come of good use.

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

Edit, bug? Anti-aliasing option, on even widths, left and top sides are blurred or transparent. It doesn't do this on odd widths.

shapethingap8.th.jpg

I've been aware of that issue since I started writing the rendering code. It's not actually a problem with my code, but rather the way GDI+ is handling its smoothing. Maybe next weekend I'll update Shape-Thing to do its own antialiasing, rather than letting GDI do it. For now, though, just turn off AA.

I found one thing, which isn't important at all.

When you draw an arc and set it to dashed and round the ends, the ends of the last 2 lines aren't rounded

Can you post a screenshot? I'm not sure I know what you mean...

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

I know what he means:

safbs0.png

Hey, you can't have everything perfect.

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

Thanks Zach! :D

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

I just want to point out that on elliptical selections :EllipseSelectTool: with AA selected and this effect's "Shape" set to "Ellipse", the bottom half outside edge is jaggie, but the top half outside edge looks good...

You may want to mention that this effect only "works" with a rectangular selection :RectangleSelectTool: if you are using an active selection.

otherwise, great job!

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

Pyro, your links aren't loading...

finally someone understands what's been happening to me. I tried to get curves+ but the link did not work

chalksig2-1.png

I know what he means:

safbs0.png

Honda, don't assume what my minds thinks. You'll never get it right :P

This is what I'm talking about.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"

Yata, those really are the same thing...uH is just completing the circle.

No, they aren't.

Honda is implying that they overlap. The dashes in his example are not rounded at the ends. Mine are and I'm showing another point.

Whatever. What I'm saying is, fix one and you fix the other. It all has to do with the start point not being rendered as expected.

The point referenced in uH's screenshot is where the end meets the beginning and it gets screwed up. Your screenshot is where the start point just gets screwed up...

You don't have to get mad...

You don't have to get presumptuous...

Don't worry dude. If I'm mad, I'll let you know. 8)

Well, school is finally out, and I think I managed to bring up my U.S. history grade to a passing one! YAY!

Anyhow, now that I have free time, I can respond to all the problems you all have found in this.

AA and non AA

shapething2fc2.th.png

Never noticed that one before. It was a rushed publish, so I didn't really test things as thoroughly as usual. And my 'usual' isn't very thorough either, so this one was even worse =) I don't know why it does this, but I'll try to fix it for the next update.

Thanks Zach! :D

You know my name? STALKER! :wink:

I just want to point out that on elliptical selections :EllipseSelectTool: with AA selected and this effect's "Shape" set to "Ellipse", the bottom half outside edge is jaggie, but the top half outside edge looks good...

hadn't noticed that one either. It should be easy enough to fix. Will be in the next update.

Pyro, your links aren't loading...

finally someone understands what's been happening to me. I tried to get curves+ but the link did not work

barkbark and someone, my host (110mb.com) seems to be having trouble. The other day, I went to install my plugins on my dad's computer, but they wouldn't download. I was still able to get to them through the 110mb's file manager though, but now their homepage isn't even working. I put an alternate download link in my signature; just click the word "plugins"

I know what he means:

safbs0.png

Honda, don't assume what my minds thinks. You'll never get it right :P

This is what I'm talking about.

yata, your issue will be fixed in the next release.

honda, yours will probably be fixed.

barkbark, they actually are unrelated issues, but you and yata need to please stop arguing regardless. I would hate to be the reason for any of my fellow forumers to not be getting along. we're all better than that.

xZYt6wl.png

We weren't arguing, just debating.

Now when we're arguing, there would be more pages to this thread when you find it :P

heh.

i'm tired.

leave me alone :P

xZYt6wl.png