How to Install Plugins ×

Borders N' Shapes

pyrochild

This thread seems quite old though Borders N' Shapes is actually no more v1.6 but 1.7 but I couldn't find another thread about it.

You're right. Fixed.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Settings will persist throughout a Paint.NET session, but will be forgotten once Paint.NET is closed. The same applies for all plugins. If you need persistence, you can create a ScriptLab script that runs Borders N' Shapes with the desired settings, and use that script to add your borders.

Thanks for the hint. ScriptLab looks very promising. This brings up a follow-up-question: can I make ScriptLab remember/initially load a certain script so I don't have to click Load and search and select/open the scriptfile in each new PDN session?

Edit: Ok, I think I get it. Since ScriptLab is also a plugin anything you said applies to ScriptLab as well, so this isn't possible, right?

ScriptLab is a plugin that already ignores a lot of conventions and "rules" for plugins, so I could certainly add the ability to remember settings between sessions.

xZYt6wl.png

• 5 months later...

My best guess is that this belongs in this forum, if not, let me know (and my apologies in advance).

"This plugin has encountered an error and must be closed." (Details below)

Paint.NET v3.5 (Final Release build 3.50.3596.41598)

pyrochild.effects.REQUIRED.dll and Borders N' Shapes.dll both from pyrochild_plugins_2009-11-08r3.zip.

.NET SP1.

Playing with the following tutorial:

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=31421&hilit=glass+border

The problem occurs at the following step (2nd or 3rd step, depending on how you count):

"Now select anything except the gray border (magic wand single click in the middle), Add new layer and press STRG+F to run the Tool again."

I'm not positive, but relatively confident that "STRG+F" is the same as "Ctrl+F". Regardless, I also tried re-running the plugin direct from the menu (as opposed to pressing "Ctrl-F").

If I'm leaving out any info, let me know.

--George

Error Details:

Hidden Content:
File: K:\Programs2\PDN\Effects\Borders N' Shapes.dll

Effect Name: pyrochild.effects.bordersnshapes.BordersNShapes

Full error message: PaintDotNet.WorkerThreadException: Worker thread threw an exception ---> System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.

Parameter name: source.Size=(382 x 190), newSize=384,192, but the new size must be smaller

at PaintDotNet.Rendering.ResizeSuperSamplingRendererBgra..ctor(IRenderer`1 source, Int32 newWidth, Int32 newHeight) in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Core\Rendering\ResizeSuperSamplingRenderer.cs:line 254

at PaintDotNet.Rendering.RendererBgraExtensions.ResizeSuperSampling(IRenderer`1 source, Int32 newWidth, Int32 newHeight) in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Core\Rendering\RendererBgraExtensions.cs:line 172

at PaintDotNet.Rendering.RendererBgraExtensions.ResizeSuperSampling(IRenderer`1 source, Int32Size newSize) in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Core\Rendering\RendererBgraExtensions.cs:line 156

at PaintDotNet.Surface.FitSurface(ResamplingAlgorithm algorithm, Surface source, Rectangle dstRoi) in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Core\Surface.cs:line 1464

at PaintDotNet.Surface.FitSurface(ResamplingAlgorithm algorithm, Surface source) in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Core\Surface.cs:line 1505

at pyrochild.effects.bordersnshapes.BordersNShapes.OnSetRenderInfo(PropertyBasedEffectConfigToken newToken, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs)

at PaintDotNet.Effects.Effect`1.OnSetRenderInfo(EffectConfigToken parameters, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs) in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Effects\Effect`1.cs:line 68

at PaintDotNet.Effects.Effect.SetRenderInfo(EffectConfigToken parameters, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs) in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Effects\Effect.cs:line 140

at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.ThreadFunction() in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 150

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.DrainExceptions() in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 332

at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.Join() in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 323

at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.DoEffect(Effect effect, EffectConfigToken token, PdnRegion selectedRegion, PdnRegion regionToRender, Surface originalSurface, Exception& exception) in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Menus\EffectMenuBase.cs:line 1254

pdn-sig_01-2.png

• 3 weeks later...

The plugin crashes paint.net:

pyrochild_plugins_2009-11-30

Paint.NET v3.5.1 (Final Release build 3.51.3610.35022)

new project-> select the tool : ok

new project-> make a selection -> select the tool: crash

If there is a selection it crashes, must be some bounds limits

I would suggest you post the crash log, but it repros for me as well.

File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\Borders N' Shapes.dll
     Effect Name: pyrochild.effects.bordersnshapes.BordersNShapes
     Full error message: PaintDotNet.WorkerThreadException: Worker thread threw an exception ---> System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.
Parameter name: source.Size=(514 x 370), newSize=800,600, but the new size must be smaller
  at PaintDotNet.Rendering.ResizeSuperSamplingRendererBgra..ctor(IRenderer`1 source, Int32 newWidth, Int32 newHeight) in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Core\Rendering\ResizeSuperSamplingRenderer.cs:line 254
  at PaintDotNet.Rendering.RendererBgraExtensions.ResizeSuperSampling(IRenderer`1 source, Int32 newWidth, Int32 newHeight) in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Core\Rendering\RendererBgraExtensions.cs:line 172
  at PaintDotNet.Surface.FitSurface(ResamplingAlgorithm algorithm, Surface source, Rectangle dstRoi) in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Core\Surface.cs:line 1479
  at PaintDotNet.Surface.FitSurface(ResamplingAlgorithm algorithm, Surface source) in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Core\Surface.cs:line 1504
  at pyrochild.effects.bordersnshapes.BordersNShapes.OnSetRenderInfo(PropertyBasedEffectConfigToken newToken, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs)
  at PaintDotNet.Effects.Effect`1.OnSetRenderInfo(EffectConfigToken parameters, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs) in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Effects\Effect`1.cs:line 72
  at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.ThreadFunction() in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 152
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.DrainExceptions() in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 332
  at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.Abort() in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 301
  at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.Start() in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 261
  at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.<>c__DisplayClass19.<>c__DisplayClass1d.b__d() in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Menus\EffectMenuBase.cs:line 736

KaHuc.png

Crashing and crashing Paint.NET are very different. One results in a loss of work and is critical to fix quickly, and one doesn't and isn't.

xZYt6wl.png

My best guess is that this belongs in this forum, if not, let me know (and my apologies in advance).

"This plugin has encountered an error and must be closed." (Details below)

Paint.NET v3.5 (Final Release build 3.50.3596.41598)

pyrochild.effects.REQUIRED.dll and Borders N' Shapes.dll both from pyrochild_plugins_2009-11-08r3.zip.

.NET SP1.

Playing with the following tutorial:

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=31421&hilit=glass+border

The problem occurs at the following step (2nd or 3rd step, depending on how you count):

"Now select anything except the gray border (magic wand single click in the middle), Add new layer and press STRG+F to run the Tool again."

I'm not positive, but relatively confident that "STRG+F" is the same as "Ctrl+F". Regardless, I also tried re-running the plugin direct from the menu (as opposed to pressing "Ctrl-F").

If I'm leaving out any info, let me know.

--George

Error Details:

Hidden Content:

Fixed.

pyrochild_plugins_2009-11-30

Paint.NET v3.5.1 (Final Release build 3.51.3610.35022)

new project-> select the tool : ok

new project-> make a selection -> select the tool: crash

If there is a selection it crashes, must be some bounds limits

Fixed. It was actually the same issue as above, manifesting in different ways.

xZYt6wl.png

• 3 years later...

How do you choose the location of where you want the Arc to be drawn?  I'm sorry if this sounds like a stupid question, but I just recently started using PDN.

Edited by JBaxton30

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...

I use this plugin a lot and have donated to Pyrochild, but I have a question and maybe a request.

Why does it default to Anti-aliasing of x2? I rarely if ever use anti-a;iasing but because this defaults to x2 rather than zero, I always have to remember to set it to zero before proceeding. Why x2?

So my request is - can this be modified so zero is the default?

Ketchup Kid

Go the first post and download the plugin package. Inside the package there are several dll files. You need only the Borders N' shapes.dll file. Extract it to your desktop and then move it to the effects folder.

C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects

Edited by Eli