How to Install Plugins ×

Borders N' Shapes

pyrochild

UPDATED! Now appears in the Render submenu, has adustable spacing, arc endcaps, and better antialiasing.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

UPDATED! Now appears in the Render submenu, has adustable spacing, arc endcaps, and better antialiasing.

xZYt6wl.png

The UI is the most Professional looking plugin yet :)

Why thank you!

But that 16x AA is killing my system :?

2,4,8x ok

8x + spacing = a bit slow :?

Generally you should save the AA setting for the very last thing before you click OK. When developing my AA system, I (just for kicks and giggles) let it go all the way up to 1024x. I definitely had to reboot to get use of my computer back... Anyhoo, I have only ever managed to find 1 situation in which I could tell the difference between 8x and 16x, so 99% of the time you should never need 16x.

xZYt6wl.png

Myrddin, I am a comic book hero... But I can't tell you which one...

Yata, it seems to be working fine... Maybe the site was down earlier, but it can't have been for long because it has more downloads already than any of my other plugins ever had (not counting Curves+, because I had no way of tracking the downloads for that one, and I'm sure it had a LOT)

xZYt6wl.png

• 1 month later...

Hello. I'm new to Paint.net.

I've been looking for an Add Borders option. Paint Shop Pro has one that is user-friendly.

Apparently, this Paint.net plug-in will do something similar, but I'm not sure if I installed it correctly.

I unzipped the file, put the .dll file in the Paint.net folder, and rebooted. I did not see the Effects/Render menu option.

Did I put the .dll file in the proper place? If I did not, then where does it go? I'm using Vista Home Prem.

Thank you. J. Danniel

It goes in /Paint.NET/Effects. Try that.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

You're welcome!

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

• 2 weeks later...

That download site isnt good for me either, every one from there is invalid when i try to unzip.

retired from PDN forums. Later dewds

• 3 weeks later...

@Bob: You made me chuckle a little. Awesome way of saying what needs to be said. :-)

Is there a way to make the border a gradient. Sort of like this. I have yet to search it so thats probably why my guestion hasnt been asnwered

181676550-L.jpg

notice the border on the smaller images

Hey hey hey, what can I say?

1367325071_f1636b8be7_o.png