Copy merged function?

Quick question. Is there a sort of "copy merged" function or an easy to use alternative? Sometimes I have a multi layer image and I wish to copy what I see (all layers), and not just one single layer. So far I had to merge down the entire image, copy the selection and undo the merge, but that's a bit of a roundabout way of doing things.

Am I overlooking something or is this the only way to do it? Is a copy merged function a viable addition then?

what about Ctrl+Shift+F, Ctrl+C, Ctrl+Z?

(Flatten, Copy, Undo) ?

That's what I do and eventually:

Ctrl+Shift+F, Ctrl+A, Ctrl+C, Ctrl+Z, Ctrl+Z, Ctrl+Shift+N, Ctrl+V

(Flatten, Select all, Copy, Undo select, Undo flatten, add a layer, paste)

This lets you have a full flattened image and you keep the detailled layers.

Before that I made a screenshot, add a layer, paste, move to adjust, and unselect...Keyboard is more 'automatic' ;)

I'd actually second Copy Merged (or Copy Visible, depending upon which program you're using).

Another thing I think would be cool is a Sample Merged option for the Eyedropper. With that enabled, the eyedropper would select from the final composed image seen on the screen, instead of the color on that layer.

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

Another thing I think would be cool is a Sample Merged option for the Eyedropper. With that enabled, the eyedropper would select from the final composed image seen on the screen, instead of the color on that layer.

I'll second that.

And, if no one's counting, I'll third that!

• 1 month later...

That would be incredibly handy!

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."