.RGB File Format?

Before i ask & explain, Amazing program, have used Paint.net since the beginning and prefer the App over any other photo editing, mostly make avatars and signatures.

I'm currently developing some mods for IOS games and have browsed through the files and found that the game uses .RGB format to display images on the device (The Simpsons Tapped Out)

Is there any filetype out there? is this possible? i can attach an example below if need be. |
Thaaank you!

2vu0lle.png

Sure guy's ill attach what in the game is supposed to be moe.. i did change the format name to .rgb565 was able to open it with a users filetype plugin, got nothing but colours everywhere!

Edited by LayA

2vu0lle.png

Tried this filetype RGB565 Android format? Oh. It looks like you did.

Changing the file extension is not the same as converting the image to a different format ;)

Yes, this might help, i googled my butt off today, even on the go on my iPhone and on the dunny too, Downloaded gimp (never heard of it)

there was an RGB format listed but never allowed me to open, so i chose the load image from raw data option and had all the weird pixels, changed image type to rgb565 and moved the bars and went past something that looked really sweet... MMMM DONUTS! i can only save them as a xcf, or g/b zip, besides the point, i hope someone can make some form of filetype, but something with less hassles :)

Heres that donuts image attached below and heres two screenshots of before and after.

2ibdpgz.png 9ssdwi.png

add_donuts.zip

2vu0lle.png

The SGI .RGB format is apparently quite old and rare. I did some research for you. Irfanview will open the format via an additional plugin

http://www.irfanview.com/main_formats.htm

ImageMagic is also apparently able to open these files.

• 1 month later...

how to create an image of the RGB format???

Like Ego Eram Reputo has said, ImageMagick can handle this format

Run this command in ImageMagic:

convert MyImage.png MyImage.sgi

I have tested this and it works as expected.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab