Watermarking Error

I use Paint.net to watermark photos for my workplace.

I never have an issue if the photos are taken with our professional cannon camera.

I have attached a screen shot of what happens if i try and watermark a screen shot or snagged photo.

Please is someone able to help?

Edited by Nessauc1

Upload it to ImgUr/Photobucket and post the link here.

1.  I've edited the URL you posted to make it clickable.

2.  You're using an old version of paint.net.  You really should update to the latest version.

3.  The issue you've got appears to be that you're pasting a big graphic onto a small one.  The canvas is being enlarged to fit the larger size.   This is why you see a large expanse of white around the smaller image.  Try resizing the larger image so that it's the same size as the smaller one.

...it still does the same thing

Is the white space the problem, or is it something else that we can't see in that image because it's so tiny?

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

The picture starts at normal size, it is only after ive tried to layer on a watermark that this happens.

The watermarking is fine when we've used one of the photos from our normal camera but for some reason if i've snipped or cut a photo from a website or on Nearmap to get an aerial view it looks like my screenshot and wont watermark.