Effects in sub folders ?

Hello, isn't it possible to load plugins from subfolders of FileType/Effect ? Putting everything there at root gets messy quickly, being able to use subfolders would be nice. Plugins don't always have obvious name for what they do.

(tested with PSD file format plugin inside a subfolder of FileTypes, doesn't load from there)

There are several categories of plugin effects really.

If this were to be made possible, then something must be added on PDN's code for it to recognize and include subfolders under the Effects or Filetypes main folders. However, creating the subfolders themselves  and moving the individual DLLs to their categorized subfolders have to be manual.

Two links:

Plugin Index Download the PDF - it details all the plugins and includes their filenames. This might help you identify them.

Plugin Browser Very helpful plugin which allows you to browse, search and run plugins. Descriptions and filenames are also included.

No, plugins won't work from within sub folders.

Magissia was asking about the physical location of the files, not the paint.net menu location.

If scrolling is an issue, I recommend either reducing the number of plugins you have installed or using the Plugin Browser to organize them via the bookmarking feature.

I've gotten pretty quick at the scrolling.  And seeing as I have to scroll to get to the ones that start with a "T"  anyway The plugin browser is just as hard to find as the others..    :)

Edited by skullbonz

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery

I've gotten pretty quick at the scrolling.  And seeing as I have to scroll to get to the ones that start with a "T"  anyway The plugin browser is just as hard to find as the others..    :)

Unless you have a very large list of Sub Menu's that begin with T, the browser is not that hard to find, also is does not begin with T  ;)

Untitled_zps1c354ba6.jpg

swIFX9v.png