Is filetype 'aliasing' possible?

Hello everyone,

I have used paint.net a few times specifically to view rgb565 images using the Rgb565_Bitmap filetype plugin. The question I have is this, my images are of type *.raw and to view them in paint.net I need to change them to *.rgb565, otherwise I get "The image type is not recognized, and cannot be opened." error. I have literally thousands, specifically 281200 files each of type *.raw. It would be nice to have some method of thumbnailing them, but I would settle for double click opening a *.raw file as a *.rgb565 file. 

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions to achieve what I am hoping for?

Regards,

Graham

Edited by Ego Eram Reputo
Linked to forum thread for plugin

Have you tried all the RAW file plugins?  There are several available.  Some work, some don't - this would be a neater solution for you than conversion to RGB565.

If you find one that works, please let us know which one.

Here's a list of the main plugins: http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/20090-plug-in-to-convert-raw-nef/?p=337567  The top one seems to be the most successful.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions to achieve what I am hoping for?

A thumbnail handler be simple to create, but it would only work if all of the images have the same dimensions.

Attached to the bottom of this post is a RGB 565 filetype plugin that handles *.raw files, like the RAWFile plugin it will show a dialog to set the image dimensions.

The site you linked to in your first post is an illegal compilation of plugins from this forum, see Megalo = VIRUS! for more information.

Have you tried all the RAW file plugins?  There are several available.  Some work, some don't - this would be a neater solution for you than conversion to RGB565.

The RAW files that the OP is referring to are RGB565 encoded files with a *.raw extension.

RGB565FileType.zip

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

Well spotted on the link. Fixed.