Straighten Tools

I see a straighten plug-in, but it's from 2009.  Are old plug-ins safe to download to v4.0?  These replace .DLL files.  That's why I'm hesitating.  What would be a good back-out plan?

Added EOEffects.dll.  Exploring.  Some work easily, but I need some help with Quadrilateral Reshape.

Edited by buffumjr

If a plugin either crashes or does not do what you hope, simply delete the .dll from the Effects folder, and you'll be good to go. A plugin will only replace an older version of itself when you download it, not other plugins. If you're questioning an older plugin, just make sure all of your files are saved before you run it. Any plugin you download from this forum is not going to cause unrepairable damage to PDN or your computer.  :)

Also, I believe EER is putting warning messages on the plugins' threads that are known to not work with v4.0.

For help with Quadrilateral Reshape, post in that plugin's thread.

Quite so MintyGirl. I've completed the warning messages for all the plugins I know that are incompatible. If it doesn't have a warning in the first post then it should work.

Thanx. 

Maybe I'm not asking for the right thing.  My fault.  Sorry.  I'm looking for a tool that, if the edge of a building is bent due to fisheye effect of the lens, it will straighten it.  In addition, if you want the building not to narrow so much toward the top, you can proportionally expand the image toward the top.  Does the "straighten tool" do that?

Edited by buffumjr

Thanx. 

Maybe I'm not asking for the right thing.  My fault.  Sorry.  I'm looking for a tool that, if the edge of a building is bent due to fisheye effect of the lens, it will straighten it.  In addition, if you want the building not to narrow so much toward the top, you can proportionally expand the image toward the top.  Does the "straighten tool" do that?

Perhaps this plugin, if I have read your question right. - http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/27814-trs-reverse-fisheye-v10/

BREtKQW.png

Found DPY's Plugin Pack 8.1

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/16643-dpys-plugin-pack-2014-05-04/?hl=dpyplugins8.1

One of the files has what I need.  I'll check out the others you recommended.

Had a fun time bringing it in.  Had to disable Norton, and re-enable after unzipping.  Still, the whole disk virus scan had no problem with it after installation.