Paint.NET 4.0 & Photo Flood Fill Plug-In?

Renda4

Hi

Will Photo Flood Fill Plug-In? be ever Updated for use with Version 4?

Ever Since I Updated to Paint,net 4 Photo Flood Fill is a No Show on the Effects Menu!

Is there any other way to Add Textures to Selections?

I mean Every Just about Paint Program That I Have seen can add Textures using their Bucket Tool.

Why not Paint.net?

Thanks

Frank

Renda4,

Paint.NET 4 isn't even officially released yet.  Photo Flood Fill might be updated before it is, but it might not be.  Someone else might write a replacement that does work with v4, but they might not.  It remains to be seen.

As for why it's not part of the core Paint.NET - well, you have to understand that only one person works on this free project in his spare time.  Most projects of that type don't go past one or two versions.

As Cmdr. Tucker says in Star Trek Enterprise, "Keep yer shirt on, Lieutenant."  ;)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Attached is a really simple "Fill from file" plugin that works on 4.0.

<snip>

It shows up under the "Effects > Render > Fill from file" menu.

Yes, I know that without a "File Open" dialog box, it pretty much sucks to use this. I'll build a better one later.

• Upvote 1

OK, here is version 1.2 of the Fill From File plugin...

Changes:

-Now includes a Browse button

-Includes icon

-Moved from "Effects>Render" to "Effects>Fill" menu

-Also includes a matching Fill From Clipboard effect

-NEW: Fill From Clipboard now supports alpha

Enjoy.

$

Download here: http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/28488-

Install the normal way.

EDIT: This has been added to my new plugin pack. Download it there.

• Upvote 1

Radius Fill Corners resides in Effects > Fill.  A submenu made for your plugin?

Radius_Fill.png

• 3 weeks later...

Uh, i have it in my effects folder but it doesnt show up in the effects menu at all....restarted Paint.NET multiple times, no luck. Theres also no "unblock" button. Im using windows 7 64 bit and have UAC turned off and am on an admin account....any ideas?

Uh, i have it in my effects folder but it doesnt show up in the effects menu at all....restarted Paint.NET multiple times, no luck. Theres also no "unblock" button. Im using windows 7 64 bit and have UAC turned off and am on an admin account....any ideas?

You probably have the zip file installed instead of the DLL files. So, unzip the file and try that.

OR

You have the DLL files installed in the wrong directory. It happens. To fix this, find your Paint.NET icon on the desktop and right-click on it. Choose Properties from the drop down menu. On the properties screen, click the Open File Location button. Double-click on the Effects folder. THAT's where you need to put the dll files.

OR

You're not running the latest Paint.NET 4.0 beta build. These plugins don't work with 3.5x, sorry.

After reading and trying all that, if you still can't get it to work, wait for Rick Brewster to write a plugin manager.

Why not a new thread for these plugins BoltBait?

Aha.  Good answer.  I must amend the Index accordingly.

• 1 month later...