Paint.net Forums : User Posted Images Not Showing

Hello, some images posted by some users don't show up for me. The odd thing is, is that it is only "some" and image type doesn't seem to matter, png, gif, etc.  I can only see what looks like a file name like this "wt7suwk6. any extention"

For some examples, with the user Seerose, none of her images ever show for me, and it's the same for many images on older posts, such as on older tutorials and plugin threads. I understand if the images on older posts have died out with time, but I'm not sure how many are simply lost with time or if they are actually being like Seeroses.

Here is a picture of what all of Seeroses posted images always look like for me, and like-wise it's how some older posts look :

useerspictureuploads_zps01de909d.jpg

I am using the latest version of FireFox, 27.0.1

Edited by Cc4FuzzyHuggles

Hello, some images posted by some users don't show up for me. The odd thing is, is that it is only "some" and image type doesn't seem to matter, png, gif, etc.  I can only see what looks like a file name like this "wt7suwk6. any extention"

For some examples, with the user Seerose, none of her images ever show for me, and it's the same for many images on older posts, such as on older tutorials and plugin threads. I understand if the images on older posts have died out with time, but I'm not sure how many are simply lost with time or if they are actually being like Seeroses.

Here is a picture of what all of Seeroses posted images always look like for me, and like-wise it's how some older posts look :

useerspictureuploads_zps01de909d.jpg

I am using the latest version of FireFox, 27.0.1

Can not you see my pictures? 
I have not understood correctly.

I am using the latest version of Google-Chrom 33...

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

Can not you see my pictures? 
I have not understood correctly.

I am using the latest version of Google-Chrom 33...

I can see all gallery images. I am also using the latest chrome too :)

Y7O8WRy.png

Seerose, Other people are commenting on your pictures, so yes others can see them. However, I personally am not able to see your posted pictures. (this does not apply to your avatar, I can see that. It is only posted images that I can't see.)

It isn't just your pictures that I can't see though, I'm also not able to see most pictures that are in older tutorial threads and a few other pictures posted by other users.

Note, just checked to see if I could see them in Internet Explore, and I'm not able to.

Perhaps an internet issue?  Sometimes when the connection is poor the images fail to download within the specified time-frame.  The image filename generally is shown as a result. 

Try pressing F5 a couple of times (=refresh) to see if the image can be encouraged to show.

Could be some adware or malware on your machine, or perhaps a rogue Chrome app, blocking images from coming through.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Thanks for your reply.

Something blocking the images is a possibility. If something is blocking them though, I'm not techy enough to figure it out, lol.  And a rogue Chrome app? Sorry, I wouldn't know anything about that as I don't use Chrome. I only use FireFox, and once in a while I'll use IE.

It's weird how it's only images posted by a couple of users or images in older threads. It doesn't bother me that much, but I thought I'd mention this issue because I wanted to bring awareness to it, especially since I wasn't sure if I'm the only one experiencing it. Also, with this small glitch, I feel like I'm missing out on some nice pictures. If others have the same issue, then maybe I, or others, might be able to look into it more.

You might try to view them in a different browser such as Chrome, to see if the error persists.  If it doesn't, then it might be a rogue Firefox plugin instead.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

Alright, I tried looking at the pictures in Chrome and they still weren’t showing up.

However, after fiddling around between both Chrome and FireFox, an idea came to me and I have surprisingly managed to get things working.

By trying to open the images in new tabs, and looking at the url, I found out that the upload site which Seerose is using (directupload.net) conflicts with my security software. I currently have Frontier Secure, and it doesn't seem to like images that are uploaded to that site.

Luckily Frontier Secure does have an option to “allow” specific websites. By copying and pasting the url of the conflicting website into the “allow” options, things are working. If I come across other images which don't show for me I will now try and see if this fixes them too.

Thanks for the help and suggestions everyone. :)

Edited by Cc4FuzzyHuggles

That'll do it!  :-)