Not enough memory to paste from the clipboard

So I wanted to paste a picture into a .png image in paint.Net. It said "Not enough memory to paste from the clipboard." Also, when I click show details, it says: 

System.OutOfMemoryException: Out of memory.

at System.Drawing.Image.FromFile(String filename, Boolean useEmbeddedColorManagement)

at PaintDotNet.ClipboardUtil.GetClipboardImageAsSurface(IWin32Window currentWindow, IDataObject clipData) in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\ClipboardUtil.cs:line 529

at PaintDotNet.ClipboardUtil.GetClipboardImageImpl(IWin32Window currentWindow, IDataObject clipData) in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\ClipboardUtil.cs:line 214

at PaintDotNet.ClipboardUtil.GetClipboardImage(IWin32Window currentWindow, IDataObject clipData) in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\ClipboardUtil.cs:line 163

at PaintDotNet.Actions.PasteAction.PerformActionImpl() in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Actions\PasteAction.cs:line 110

PLEASE help! I really need to do this!

Boom, please refrain from using all capitals as this is shouting & rude.

We know you need help. We got it the first time. 

You must remember that we are scattered all over the globe with different time zones. So please be patient. 

As a starting point, do you have 4.0 Alpha installed? If not, do that first, please. Sometimes rebooting the pc helps too. I'm not an expert on the computer side of things but those are the things I would start with while waiting for someone who can help to be online. 

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

It says that you're out of memory. How large is the clipboard image?

Which version are you using? You could try the Alpha version of PDN 4.0, see here: http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/27756-paintnet-40-alpha-build-5105-is-now-available/