Can't delete the Megalo Plug-In pack, HELP!

I recently installed this pack, it seemed too much for me and lagged Paint.net a lot. So I decided to delete it. I didn't know how to, so I just re-installed Paint.net, and then came back on it, and all of the effects are still there. I tried manually going into the Effects folder to delete them, but it just pops up saying I don't have permission to delete that file.I'm stuck with this and can't get back to normal Paint.net, HELP!

You've just learned a valuable lesson:  NEVER download or install any plugin or plugin pack from ANYWHERE but this forum.

You've found that re-installing Paint.NET does not erase the existing Effects.  This is as it should be.  Imagine the uproar if installing a new version of Paint.NET wiped your collection of plugins!

Try Google to find out how to gain the correct level of access.  You will need to delete the contents of both the Paint.NET/Effects folder and the Paint.NET/Filetypes folder.

As Midora has said, consider your PC to be infected with malware, spyware and viruses until it scan clean.

AVG didn't pick up any viruses, is that plugin known to be infected?

Please take the time and think about it. What could be the motivation to provide something for free on a dedicated page without any reference?

midoras signature.gif

That plugin pack is an unauthorized compilation of (probably outdated versions of) plugins from this forum. Whether or not it is virus infected, you still need to delete the plugins and download the most recent versions from here.

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

I couldn't find anywhere on any information on how to unlock them. I did find out that it's illegal. I hope i'm not breaking the law keeping in mind I'm trying to delete it, but just can't.

The only law breaker is the individuals who are packing the plugins into an all in one pack, (you just got drawn into a quick download solution) most will be obsolete versions and as already mentioned, have most likely got spyware and/or viruses, it has been mentioned also that the only safe place to get plugins for paint.net is on this forum. I hope you have learned from this mistake. It may take a while to download all the plugins that you require from here, but at least you know they are up to date and most importantly - clean. :)

Edited by Lloyd

iNUIdNo.jpg

I scanned my entire computer and it didn't find anything. Also, I was going to look up the specific error message as in, the file being locked. So I tried to delete the files again to write down what it said,...and it actually deleted this time. I have no idea how it got unlocked, but now it's fixed, and i've learned my lesson.

^ That's great to hear.  

A lot of users make the mistake of trying to download every plugin.  It's unnecessary and slows down the load time for Paint.NET.  E.g. I once wrote a plugin for creating chess diagrams.  Unless you are a chess nerd (like me) you probably won't ever use that plugin.  So why ask Paint.NET to load it every time it starts?

Just download (from here) those plugins and author packs that you actually use and need for your images.