The eBook "Doing Paint.NET"

I present my new eBook as my proposed entrée into the world-wide Paint.NET support group.  "Doing Paint.NET" provides exercises in using the simple, intuitive, and innovative user interface of Paint.NET.  I believe that this book can make even a
person who has never heard of Paint.NET into a user who has the potential to become an expert with the program.

My philosophy in writing books derives from the Confucius quote:

“I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.”

I would appreciate comments, evaluations and criticisms which will help me improve the book.  No criticism is too harsh, no praise is too extravagant!

You can find "Doing Paint.NET" in the Kindle Store at Amazon.com with the search phrase "Doing Paint.NET".

The sample includes no actual guide to the books content.  This would be useful to appraise the book.

This is a problem with Amazon for books with a lot of graphics.  The only solution I've been able to think of is that discussed in the sample:  "This book contains a large graphic content.  This is not counted in computing the sample size of the book.  Thus the sample is too small to really appraise the book.   To look at the complete book, buy it and examine it thoroughly.  If it is not what you want, return it and get a refund. This is a little more complicated but gives you a chance to really judge the book. The refund process is the following:" 

Did you see or read this one first?   --->        http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/25384-mastering-paintnet-ebook/

Remember how to copy and paste a few pages for a preview so we don't have to buy it first?

It's hard to make any comments without knowing what might or might not be in it. With the book above we could see more or less what we were getting before purchasing. I bought his,not so sure I will yours without seeing something from within first. People have been selling bridges and swamps to unsuspecting buyers for centuries,lol.

• Upvote 1

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery

I agree with Skullbonz.  Posting some examples here would help users get a feel for the book.  Why not assemble and post a PDF giving users a look at some of the actual examples?

To be honest I'm disinclined to buy the book just to check it out.

The sample obtained online was originally only the cover of the book.  It now has the statement "Feature Unavailable  We're sorry but this feature is currently unavailable.  Please try again later".  The download sample, however, does contain the book through Chapter 1.  How Amazon presents my book is, in any case, completely beyond my control.  If I need to do anything beyond creating the Kindle document there is not much point in putting the book on Amazon.

I still want to see an actual example of the techniques you are expounding before I buy.

• Upvote 1

Cropping the example image to shift focus to the 'rule of thirds' location(s).  Like this tutorial: http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/12282-cropping-photographs-the-rule-of-thirds/

There is also this plugin by @Red ochrehttp://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/22810-composition-tool/