Please Help Me : Art 3D ~> 2D

Is mean like this art:

SSF2turbohd.jpg

"While Capcom have mostly switched to using 3D art for their 2D fighting games, they do use 2D artwork on occasion. Two recent games have featured 2D art, both of them being remakes of older titles: Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix (2008) and Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition (2011)."

( Link Say About The Picture : http://www.siliconera.com/2012/01/05/capcom-usa-would-like-to-do-more-games-with-2d-art/ )

I want to make it but I don't know how to make art 3D look like 2D :(

Please Help Me & Thanks

I would strongly urge caution to others regarding the above post. Here's what I encountered when I clicked on the link:

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n264/CantaLibra/SiliconeEraMalicious.png

Anything but internet explorer D: Get that junkware out of here! lol

EDIT: I checked the link with WOT (web of trust) and it doesn't appear to have anything dangerous. Most likely, you ran into an ad that contained malicious java. Just use firefox or chrome with adblock and it should be fine

Edited by pdnnoob

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

I want to make it but I don't know how to make art 3D look like 2D :(

Please Help Me & Thanks

2 dimensional is basically up, down, left and right, while 3 dimensional adds depth allowing you to move backwards and forwards also.

Taking this into account any given picture is 2 dimensional, while the perception of depth can be achieved through shadows and making things appear as though they are in the distance. PDN works in 2D and all tutorials are 2 dimensional, albeit many of them add the perception of depth through shadows, etc.

In answer to your question (I think), all of the tutorials will make 2D art, many with the illusion of 3D.

naturesig.png

2 dimensional is basically up, down, left and right, while 3 dimensional adds depth allowing you to move backwards and forwards also.

Taking this into account any given picture is 2 dimensional, while the perception of depth can be achieved through shadows and making things appear as though they are in the distance. PDN works in 2D and all tutorials are 2 dimensional, albeit many of them add the perception of depth through shadows, etc.

In answer to your question (I think), all of the tutorials will make 2D art, many with the illusion of 3D.

Is you mean about the shadow can make 3D like 2D,right ?

( Sorry i don't understand a little bit :( )

Thanks

Yes - clever use of 'shadowing' on a flat 2D object can lead ot the illusion of 3 dimensions.

For example your sample images are ALL 2D images. The appearance of depth is given by the shadowing (particularly where the combatants are concerned).

If you look carefully, you can see that the mountains are apparently illuminated from a light source on the right (the shadows extend to the left from the ridges). Conversely, the combatants are illuminated from a light source positioned to the left (the shadows extends slightly left to right).

This illusion of lighting and shadowing gives the image the appearance of visual depth.

Yes - clever use of 'shadowing' on a flat 2D object can lead ot the illusion of 3 dimensions.

For example your sample images are ALL 2D images. The appearance of depth is given by the shadowing (particularly where the combatants are concerned).

If you look carefully, you can see that the mountains are apparently illuminated from a light source on the right (the shadows extend to the left from the ridges). Conversely, the combatants are illuminated from a light source positioned to the left (the shadows extends slightly left to right).

This illusion of lighting and shadowing gives the image the appearance of visual depth.

Thank You Very Much ^^