44 MB picture in Paint.Net

EvaHart

I am in the process of making a children's book digital. I wish to edit my illustrations in Paint.Net (not the entire book, only the illustrations). I've so far only been able to open PNG versions of my illustrations in Paint.Net. But for illustrations that are gonna be used for publishing, I need to edit higher quality formats of my illustrations. When I try to open a Tiff format in 44 MB, Paint.Net either says it can't do it or recently it was able to open the format, but Paint.Net changed the color of the illustration in a bad way. So my question is, can you somehow successfully open a Tiff format picture in 44 MB, in Paint.Net?

If you are doing professional print work, you should probably be using Photoshop.

Just to clarify, but I think you're mentioning this because of the print folks preferences of needing CMYK formats, etc and not the lacking potential to use PDN for some of this? I'm just asking as I've run into that previously with trying to help composite things for banners for charity events from website to the printers ... Got a similar answer and lots of groans about not having had Photoshop and various vector formats etc available for them ...

(Not being critical, just seeking clarification on the why and why nots ...)

Thanks,

Gallery at PDN-Fans

In the Popular Feature Requests thread, Rick states:

CMYK support, or 16-bits per pixel support -- Not gonna happen. If you really need good software for working with images for printing, or need to work at a professional level, then I must honestly point you towards Adobe Photoshop.

That is right from the developer of Paint.NET. So...

:)

• Upvote 1

In the Popular Feature Requests thread, Rick states:

That is right from the developer of Paint.NET. So...

:)

Gotcha. Spent a few to try and understand 16 bit or potentially higher per support in applications ... With this as background and context I can understand Rick's comments from that thread a little more now for sure. Definitely see why I had requests now as well for certain pre-processing and mini-post production work in other formats.

Thanks for the clarification. (I'm learning more about how PDN, etc actually works by random number generation it would seem ..., but slowly its forming something more than a hazy blur ... )

Gallery at PDN-Fans

I create a lot of images in 3D software and I render the stills as TIFF in the 1920x1080, 32bit, 96 dpi format. I only have PhotoShop Elements 6, PaintShop Pro X2, MS Expression Design 2, Windows Paint and Paint.Net 3.6.10 on my editing station. PDN will not display them at all. Windows Paint and PaintShop Pro are the only apps that will display the TIFF images without hiding the background layers. I think that I founds answers here, that I never knew the questions for. Thank You, I think? :-)

Edited by HyReZ

I once asked if TIFF was supported, and the answer I got was basically a no.

Odd...I can save as .tiff files.

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

TIFF works but it's in a "good faith effort only" capacity. Basically, if what you're trying to do with it works, great. If not, sorry, and there won't be a patch coming to fix it.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg