WOTW 39 Discussion Thread WINNERS

Possum Roadkill

WOTWWater.png

WOTW # 39 Style-Typography, Theme-Winter Season

WOTW Comp Rules: All submissions must be created in Paint.net with the exception of renders and stock photos when allowed.

Minimum size is 800 X 600. There is no maximum size, but keep in mind that people will want to look at your image

and if it takes too long to load, they may not look at it.

Please try to make your image in the proportion of a Wallpaper, because this is a Wallpaper comp. (Duh!)

NO PLACEHOLDERS Do not post an entry until it is a finished product. NO WIPS !

Obviously you cannot use the stocks or renders as your entire submission, so the majority of your image should be

created in Paint.net.

Special rule # 5. Do not anger the Possum.

# 39 Style-Typography, Theme-Winter Season

Theme Rules. Please read this !

Theme is " # 39 Style-Typography, Theme-Winter Season"

The Theme Idea:

You are to make a wallpaper of an image using Typography as the style and the Winter Seasons the theme.

You can choose anything about the Winter Season to illustrate.

From snow to the Winter Holidays to Season's Greetings to ice skating to polar bears (also known as snow possums).

It can be winter sports, winter weather, winter animals, winter holidays, winter winter winter.....whew, I think I almost lost it there for a minute.

For more information on Typography see this PAGE or this PAGE

You must use Paint.Net but you may also use other graphics programs as well. You MAY ALSO use stock images or renders.

This comp will run for (almost) TWO Weeks !

DO NOT Post your entries in this thread. PM your entries to me and I will post them as they come in.

Entry period for this competition will run through 8:00 p.m. Saturday evening ( December 31 st, 2011), U.S. Eastern Time.

All submissions entered up to this time will be allowed.

If you have any questions, post them in the Discussion Thread or PM Possum Roadkill. I would be happy to help anyone interested.

Edited by Possum Roadkill

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

• 2 weeks later...

Not me...sorry Possum. Busy time of the year. How about extending it for a week? May get some more entries then & make it fair to those who have already entered?

Sorry mate. I've got a piece I started on but the time has flown, what with the holidays. I agree with BarbieQ' that few days extra would be nice  

Same here. The cutoff has already passed and I'm still working on mine. :/ Sounds like a good idea to me. I'll extend it another week from tonight. Thanks for the input ! :D

Reworking on it right now. I just lost about 8 hours of work, 79 layers ...

In denial at the moment. I think my submission will be simpler in the rush ... and i just dont have it in me to do that over right now.

Sometime today is the deadline or is it midnight or what? I wasn't sure on the day of deadline what the cutoff was/is ... **edit ... due to the change. I guess logic would have dictated the predetermined 8 PM Possum time.

Scrambling to submit something ... anything is better than nothing. Firing up the Jonny Cash to lament and paint some more ...:|

Edited by delpart

Gallery at PDN-Fans

I came up with something but it wasn't my original. To clarify, the crash happened while saving the file, hence the corruption mas grande.

I submitted something though. First comp attempt, 'ell or 'ighwater! (And high water around here is no joke, so that take that seriously ... problem with being @ sea-level with the sea as your doorstep and all that rot.)

Gallery at PDN-Fans

We had been wondering where Possum has been with the comps esp.

I just got a message from his wife to say he has been in hospital with pneumonia. I think this is the second time in a couple of years.

Poor Possum. I told his wife to give him all our love & that he is ordered to rest up & forget anything else but his health & to know that we are thinking of him.

That is all the info that I have at the moment. I hope she stays in touch & lets us know how he is progressing.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

• 2 weeks later...

I'm out of the hospital and back at home now. Thanks for being so patient for the past few days. After eleven days of hospital food, it might take a few days for me to get my strength back. :P I'll get things with the comp back on track tomorrow. :D

Probably needs something stronger :beer: (washes away the taste of hospital food ) boltbait.big_smile.png

Great to have you back Possum!

Thanks everyone ! :D It is soooooooooo good to be back ! B) B)

Most of the images have been posted. I am waiting on one more entry that I had problems with getting a good link. I will leave them posted for a couple of days so everyone can have a chance to look them over while I wait for the last one to be submitted. Enjoy ! We have some very clever entries !

If everyone could take some time and think of what you might like to see in the next round, it might help expedite things once this round goes to the polls. Please just drop a note on the WOTW Theme thread line !

• 4 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Did I not comment on this & congratulate the winners?? Oh dear! Getting too old...

Congratulations Welshy & Possum! Well done Skystars too. I though all of the entries were really good. Very stiff competition. Great to see.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012