A plug-in problem!

Hey guys, I have been working on a rainbow colored stuff, the problem, is I have been working on a picture that it's all almost black. I have tried to make it rainbow using the Hue/Saturation Adjustment plugin, the problem is that, when I use other colors such as, blue it works and fine, but when I work on black it won't work or change the color! Is that something that I can fix? Here is a picture of the black clothing item:

483pxblackhoodie.png

What can I do to fix this? Is there a way or it's impossible?

You can't change the picture's hue simply because it doesn't have one. There is no color, it's just black (0 saturation)

You can either do it the way welshy pointed out or you can use curves or color balance or several other adjustments. Just try all of them and see which one you like best ^^

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Actually, I have a kinda better idea, there is a similar looking clothing item that I can use, it's red and I am sure it will work ^^, please don't lock this thread as I may need more help in this topic :)

And thank you all for your help :)

@PDNN00b is the color white doesn't have a saturation either?

Edited by AwesomeDude

O wait! I didn't notice you were trying for rainbow colored xD

In that case, you can actually use the multicolor gradient plugin on a new layer and change the layer blend mode and use the magic wand to trim it to fit the object. It may be a little more difficult than welshie's solution, but you can change the angle that way :D

Keep working and maybe in 2 years you'll be just like me! B)

woah...it was just pouring rain a moment ago, but all of a sudden it's bright an sunny out o.o

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

O wait! I didn't notice you were trying for rainbow colored xD

In that case, you can actually use the multicolor gradient plugin on a new layer and change the layer blend mode and use the magic wand to trim it to fit the object. It may be a little more difficult than welshie's solution, but you can change the angle that way :D

Keep working and maybe in 2 years you'll be just like me! B)

You realized that now! :D, I have that plug in and I have tried it, but it's not that good xP

and if I want to be like you, I can be in like 2 seconds or less :D

IMPORTANT If you know how I can make it grey, then please tell me :D

Edited by AwesomeDude

and if I want to be like you, I can be in like 2 seconds or less :D
...except you'd be two years too young :D

v you don't happen to be that kid, now, do you? o.0 Besides, you would still be 2 years off no matter how smart you are xD

Edited by pdnnoob

O gosh... that game!? o.0

Didn't know you could make private servers of it, though. How is that going?

@AwesomeDude: Please read the forum rules, specifically #29 which refers to posting large images.

I've replaced your image in post #14 with a link.

I am sorry Ego, I didn't know that, I guess that I didn't read the rules correctly :S, I just checked them ;), and I am having a problem with this.. I am trying to get the green color of the vest into red, and I can't change a part of the image :(, and the Magic Wand isn't really doing a great job at selecting :@, if anyone can tech me how or do it for me I will be thankful :)

http://imageshack.us.../greenvest.png/

@Moderators and Admins : I am trying to re-size this but it's not working, so I posted the link instead :)

Edited by AwesomeDude

Posting a link is fine if your image is larger than 800 pixels.

I am trying to get the green color of the vest into red, and I can't change a part of the image
conditional hue/saturation adjustment

Set the "conditions" wheel to cover only green, and adjust the hue slider to your liking. Are you having trouble with the conditions wheel?

Thanks, but this didn't help me, because I wanted the green part to turn into red, not the blue part, here is the image :D

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/683/greenvest1.png/

That is what I meant :P

And this is what I meant :P

http://i758.photobucket.com/albums/xx228/pdnnoob/conditionalHS.png

Are you even using the Conditional Hue/Saturation adjustment?